Rock Star
C0C4989E-654A-4AEE-AD56-5DA1CC9E490A.jpeg
Pardini (Italy)

82EB44D4-C8E0-4708-B360-65656F35346A.jpeg

CZ Tau (co2) (Czechoslovakia)

B11DC78A-6AAE-41FD-B47C-DA16F0882EAF.jpeg

3E66BD63-63D2-49EB-A2D4-7262E6EE9073.jpeg

Baikal IZH (Russia)

Went to an auction earlier this summer where a guy was selling part of his collection… Single owner, over 1000 different pieces… Found some beautiful Olympic style air pistols. Highly accurate.

1C345F64-7641-437A-B056-9E0BF3B249E7.jpeg
Wierauch (Germany)

Three of these use a lever to compress air against the spring. The CZ uses CO2 cartridges.

Edit: also forgot to mention that these triggers are very different than a normal pistol.

That’s really where all the fun is… You just use the force… Think the thought… Shot breaks. JFM (just fucking magic)

Often the weight of the pull is around an ounce; versus a regular pistol which is generally in the 4 to 6 pounds range.

For you “science” types… There are 16 ounces to a pound. ;)

Last edited:
Quick story…

I raised two boys who did all the stuff you and I did. (I.e. Oldest set an entire pond on fire w potato canon, youngest disassembled all the fireworks to make one bomb.)

They are now in their late 20s. Sometimes they share stories of their youthful shenanigans; but the one rule they promised they never ever broke was around firearms.

I asked them why?

“We knew for sure you would kill us.”

lol - all the other nonsense/bullshit I put up with … I mean there are other stories I could never tell about them - lulz.

Ok, uno mas …

My eldest (along with two of his roommates) during the Covid bullshit bounced out to interior US western states just doing the Airbnb thing/remote work, and shooting off back porches. ID, MT, UT.

One night I called him, and it turned out he was in the town of 200 and every woman close to town was at their house.

He would be like, “Dad, I have horses to the left and calves to the right, corn out front and a rifle range off the back porch.”

I was pleased that he stayed healthy.

3E835514-47A3-4E21-B30C-D44A6B3C656F.jpeg

Last edited:
I wish ammo wasn't so damn expensive. I miss the days of $60 1000rnd cases of 7.62x39. Grab your AK and go chop down a few trees. These days my M&P-15 only gets fed a couple times a year.... 😢

I was fortunate to invest in metals long ago…

(It’s about the only time ever my kids outwardly respected me; they use the common nomenclature of the kids these days “dad, that was so based.” 😆)

I usta’ could pick up nine for 60 bucks/1k … I’ve seen the shortages and grateful for investment.

My problem is that I have sons, who always seem to need just a little more. It’s like a hole in the bottom of the bucket.

I think a lot of stuff is more available these days… Just expensive. All the Russian ammo got fucked because of politics.

View attachment 900Pardini (Italy)

View attachment 903
CZ Tau (co2) (Czechoslovakia)

View attachment 901
View attachment 908
Baikal IZH (Russia)

Went to an auction earlier this summer where a guy was selling part of his collection… Single owner, over 1000 different pieces… Found some beautiful Olympic style air pistols. Highly accurate.

View attachment 902 Wierauch (Germany)

Three of these use a lever to compress air against the spring. The CZ uses CO2 cartridges.

Edit: also forgot to mention that these triggers are very different than a normal pistol.

That’s really where all the fun is… You just use the force… Think the thought… Shot breaks. JFM (just f*****g magic)

Often the weight of the pull is around an ounce; versus a regular pistol which is generally in the 4 to 6 pounds range.

For you “science” types… There are 16 ounces to a pound. ;)
Those are suuuuper nice!!! I love airgun target shooting. The good ones (not the USA Daisy-brand toys) are ridiculously accurate, and are built every bit as well as actual firearms. But the ammo is a lot less expensive, and your ears stay happy.

This is my air rifle. Weighs more than many firearms, and I've reworked/polished all the internals and trigger mechanisms. It has a two stage trigger and breaks like glass. My favorite targets used to be playing cards... on-edge! ;)

IMG_6227.jpg

I’ve been watching some airsoft videos on YouTube lately and looked into a place I could play down here, there’s a huge arena in Miami that looks like a CoD map. My only concern is once I latch onto something, I REALLY get into it and I’m scared of ruining the momentum I’ve built up with music lately.

It’s like the next step up from playing Call Of Duty in your living room, except if you’re a fat slob, talking sh*t over a mic won’t do you any good. :rofl

The weapons they make for this stuff are CRAZY! Mini-guns, saw a dude with a f*cking musket the other day, grenades, flash bangs, they don’t mess around!

Those are suuuuper nice!!! I love airgun target shooting. The good ones (not the USA Daisy-brand toys) are ridiculously accurate, and are built every bit as well as actual firearms. But the ammo is a lot less expensive, and your ears stay happy.

This is my air rifle. Weighs more than many firearms, and I've reworked/polished all the internals and trigger mechanisms. It has a two stage trigger and breaks like glass. My favorite targets used to be playing cards... on-edge! ;)

View attachment 913

Interesting note about shooting playing cards on edge.

There used to be a wonderful instructor who had trophies in the Bianchi cup and then went on to Captain SIGarms pistol team.

Phenomenal teacher, highly charismatic; The end goal was to be able to finish a three day class and shoot a playing card at 10 yards on edge. Completely doable! Amazing lesson 🤩

I used to compete in IDPA/IPSC a lot.

(I always like activities that are complicated, and where you can measure yourself against others.)

As my son was growing up I took him out a bunch of times to teach him gun safety and how to shoot. Then years later I went to his graduation from Special Forces, him and his buddies took me to the range and he taught me how to shoot :)

My brother and I used to diesel our pellet rifle. Just a drop of rem oil, wd40, or Vaseline in the back of the pellet cup can add 300+ fps. Of course it's hard on the seals.

As my son was growing up I took him out a bunch of times to teach him gun safety and how to shoot. Then years later I went to his graduation from Special Forces, him and his buddies took me to the range and he taught me how to shoot :)
Thank your son for his service please.
Army SF?
(Ranger tab?)

I am a huge fan of the NRA Eddie eagle program which teaches young kids what to do around firearms. It’s different than the four rules of range safety.

Also this is not just for the firearms in your own house. 40% of Americans own firearms. I’m sure we all have stories as a kid where we’re handling firearms in a way that was probably inappropriate. ;)

I’m a firm believer that you can never fully childproof any firearm and therefore you must gun-proof your kids.

Stop
Don’t touch
Leave
Find an adult

First time taking young kids to a range, I put an apple on a post and shot it with a .40sw pistol. Exploding fruit was proof that bad things happen from the muzzle end.

Last edited:
Thank your son for his service please.
Army SF?
(Ranger tab?)

I am a huge fan of the NRA Eddie eagle program which teaches young kids what to do around firearms. It’s different than the four rules of range safety.

Also this is not just for the firearms in your own house. 40% of Americans own firearms. I’m sure we all have stories as a kid where we’re handling firearms in a way that was probably was inappropriate. ;)

I’m a firm believer that you can never fully childproof any firearm and therefore you must gun-proof your kids.

Stop
Don’t touch
Leave
Find an adult

First time taking young kids to a range, I put an apple on a post and shot it with a .40sw pistol. Exploding fruit was proof that bad things happen from the muzzle end.
Yes, Army SF. I will pass along your thanks! Thank you for that!

Speaking of children learning to shoot, we’ve always had a small bore, small frame .22lr rifle around for the kids to learn on. My sons grew up with a kids CZ bolt. Quite accurate.

So at the auction, I picked up this JG Anschutz Achiever.

E03661BE-AD3C-424C-8E3A-4F646AA3A8C5.jpeg

I have given this one to my wife who is all of 5 foot nothing.

Ha! You think music there is bad, I just paid $150 for one 5rd magazine and one 10rd mag. (Spares) 😮

01CB1B75-0301-487A-817C-E75FAFA0DB53.jpeg

Last edited:
Speaking of children learning to shoot, we’ve always had a small bore, small frame .22lr rifle around for the kids to learn on. My sons grew up with a kids CZ bolt. Quite accurate.

So at the auction, I picked up this JG Anschutz Achiever.

View attachment 922
I have given this one to my wife who is all of 5 foot nothing.

Ha! You think music there is bad, I just paid $150 for one 5rd magazine and one 10rd mag. (Spares) 😮

View attachment 923
I used to have a Ruger 10/22 all decked out with a 2.75lb pull trigger group, a ventilated handguard, muzzle brake, and 50rnd mags. It was A LOT of fun. Not legal to hunt with tho. I made the mistake of buying a 10/22 target model with a .990 bull barrel for squirrel hunting...it was pin point accurate. Great for still hunting but way too heavy to carry over 200+ acres...that job went to a marlin 60 and Remington 552 bdl speed master. Wish I still had all those .22s from my youth. Probably should get a 22lr upper for my AR...then I might shoot it more

I used to have a Ruger 10/22 all decked out with a 2.75lb pull trigger group, a ventilated handguard, muzzle brake, and 50rnd mags. It was A LOT of fun. Not legal to hunt with tho. I made the mistake of buying a 10/22 target model with a .990 bull barrel for squirrel hunting...it was pin point accurate. Great for still hunting but way too heavy to carry over 200+ acres...that job went to a marlin 60 and Remington 552 bdl speed master. Wish I still had all those .22s from my youth. Probably should get a 22lr upper for my AR...then I might shoot it more
Everybody needs a 10/22.

When my youngest son was older I bought him a 10/22 in the simplest configuration.

Eventually I bought a tactical solutions barrel and stock, acc suppressor, and some bits for the action. “Movie silent” now.

For some reason I seem to hold onto that thousand dollar 10/22 for many years… (he was living in NYC)

Finally gave it back to my son when he left that shithole. lol

Such great little rifle. Get yourself one!

Back