Active CLR Neo Wedges finally RMA'd

gearJunkie

Shredder
Both of my CLR wedges went tits up right before the COVID lockdown. I finally got off my ass and reached out to Tom King @ Atomic Amplifiers via "theOtherPlace".

He responded the next day and got the ball rolling to get them repaired. Pulled the amps and sent them on their way today. These are long out of warranty, but Tom capped the repair to $200 or less per amp. Should have them back in service in 3 weeks.

PXL_20230526_215507552~2.jpg

Last edited:
He gets some shade about his CS and some of it I can see why but I’ve always had him respond and feel well taken of when I’ve had some of the Atomic modelers. I even sold a Box and the guy when he got it it was DOA but it worked when I had it. Not sure if the guy accidentally used wrong power and didn’t say but anyway Tom had the guy send it to him instead and took care of everything getting it back to the guy I sold it to. Totally took care of me and the next guy.

I had an issue with one of my CLR's years ago, and when I contacted Atomic, they responded quickly and were really nice to deal with. They helped ID the problem and were quick to replace the part I needed. All in all, pretty great service.

I received the repaired amps back from Atomic 5 days ago, but I didn't have a chance to reassemble the wedges and test them until today.

They sound and perform as good as when I first bought then 8 years ago. :chef

Thank you Tom @atomicamps!

Time to relegate the PowerCab 212+ to backup status. 😁

Back