Achilles Last Stand? not so fast..

I’m actually buying AED’s for all our buildings at work as they’re going to be required by the end of 2024, maybe I’ll buy an extra to throw in a tour box and we can all give it a shot!
It's insane how much they cost and how they're pretty much needed to save a life if you really know how long it takes EMS to arrive at any given scene.

It's insane how much they cost and how they're pretty much needed to save a life if you really know how long it takes EMS to arrive at any given scene.

It’s looking around $1500 a pop, but I also have to get a contractor out to recess them into the walls. I’m sure I’ll have to participate in some kind of maintenance program to learn how to keep them in working order that’ll cost a stupid amount of money to say “Turn it on and see if it lights up”

@DrewJD82 Remember the Madrigal CEO in Breaking Bad using one in the corporate bathroom to get out of prosecution?

ipfymv0b1or91.png

Screen_Shot_2019_09_26_at_3.04.10_PM.png

hqdefault.jpg

Last fall before everything started downhill.
5'-8" 165-170 pounds and a pretty decent amount of muscle mass in the right places.

Monday January 29 admitted into ICU for a week.
February 13 re-admitted for 7 hours of blood transfusions.

I don't even know how low I got during the worst of it but here's progress as of today.
I'm on a full diet and I've been eating non-stop this past week.

Still down quite a bit at 132.

View attachment 18897

So bloody weak everywhere too. First time I got down on one knee to pick something up I couldn't get back up just using my legs.
Not even close. Had to pull with everything. I'd just begun building up chops of the set neck after years of easy whammy necks. That's all gone for now.
Have your tried supplements like Ensure?

Yup. Pro-biotic yogurts. Protein shakes. Banana, apple juice, eggs, rice, etc.
Quite a bit of regular food too. As long as I respect the new "YOU'RE FULL!" cutoff points! (y)
Haha, eating like a kid!* I'm on the train going the opposite direction, trying to get my BMI under the Obesity line.

*I work with an underdeveloped child who is basically on the same diet as you!

I love your sense of humor and attitude you carry through your health ordeals

Last fall before everything started downhill.
5'-8" 165-170 pounds and a pretty decent amount of muscle mass in the right places.

Monday January 29 admitted into ICU for a week.
February 13 re-admitted for 7 hours of blood transfusions.

I don't even know how low I got during the worst of it but here's progress as of today.
I'm on a full diet and I've been eating non-stop this past week.

Still down quite a bit at 132.

View attachment 18897

So bloody weak everywhere too. First time I got down on one knee to pick something up I couldn't get back up just using my legs.
Not even close. Had to pull with everything. I'd just begun building up chops of the set neck after years of easy whammy necks. That's all gone for now.
Stay strong, this is NOT Achilles last stand as the title of this thread proclaims! Pulling for you man!!

Jeezus! Have they even given you an idea what is actually going on with you internally?? :hugitout

Note: There's more coming for sure.
First one is the 7 night stay for the heart stuff and C Diff Colitis.
The second was an overnight stay to get the blood transfusions.

20240302_152447.jpg

Will work out a reasonable payment plan but thank the lord for insurance!!!!!
They covered over 95% :oops: Although I'm sure all of our deductibles are used up for 2024.

View attachment 19414

They covered over 95% :oops: Although I'm sure all of our deductibles are used up for 2024.
I think the way our health care system is set up should be deemed criminal! It is financial euthanization for some to have to seek/receive medical care. Crazy! It all started in the 80's when the bean counters started taking a firm grip on the health care system, and it has only become worse over the past 40 years. To think of health care as a for profit industry is just insane from the get go. To let it legally extort huge (unreasonable) monies from individuals is fraud of the highest order and the blame falls on ALL politicians, those who let it become this as well as those who let it continue!

Sorry you have to go through this! Best wishes for you and your health!!

I think the way our health care system is set up should be deemed criminal!

I couldn't agree more.
Even back in the 70s the successful doctors on TV were always portrayed as 'well off' and something us kids should aspire to.

Not sure who is worse when it comes to mark ups, this or the business of death itself - FUNERAL HOMES :mad::mad::mad:

View attachment 19414

Man, that is just insane. Those prices also look like something they dug straight out of someone's ass. I'd also question what the hell are vague items like "special services" and how medicine ends up costing that much. I bet they charge 5-star hotel prices just for a hospital bed!

While Finland may have issues with healthcare funding and personnel in recent years, and politicians' stupidity is ruining it further, at least here you won't go bankrupt from medical bills. The only insurance I have is home insurance.

Back