About to order a Modulus MOD 800 2204 Small Box kit!

Hello!

I want to build a Marshall 800 2204 style amp and this seems to be a good option, all parts including small box cabinet and transformers. Feedback from the web seems all positive, just wanted to ask if anybody thinks there are better options out there in this price range?

Modulus MOD 800 2204 Small Box kit

Thanks!
If you’re UK based I think these are very solid, have heard a few Modulus builds and they were excellent. Worth it to avoid import fees+extra shipping from ordering from different places.

If you’re UK based I think these are very solid, have heard a few Modulus builds and they were excellent. Worth it to avoid import fees+extra shipping from ordering from different places.

I'm in the US great point, with Cabinet, CTS Pots, F+T & Sozo NexGen Yellow Mustard Caps, transformers and no tubes total including shipping is $1,068 USD. I went to Mojo Tone and is about the same, but I like the small box cab better.

Another option I’m thinking about is to buy a used Origin 20 and do our own @Burger modes, he even sells two drop-in boards if you don’t want to modify the originals. I have learned a lot from his YouTube channel.

Another option I’m thinking about is to buy a used Origin 20 and do our own @Burger modes, he even sells two drop-in boards if you don’t want to modify the originals. I have learned a lot from his YouTube channel.

Why not both?

I think you'll be happier with the kit from Modulus or Mojotone, but the Origin could be a fun little side project.

Reactions: Elf
Back