A New Practice Regimen (A Seasone Of Al Di Meola)

I don't know. I feel like a Virgin who just had sex for the first time compared to
how much time you have spent with John. :idk

It sure is fine deep-diving into someone's playing who is so fresh to me. I mean, I knew
some of his music, but had never listened as close as I have in the past month. And I
never once thought to cop a lick, riff, or method of his.

I do feel like this will become a part of my daily routine the rest of my life. It's just so
rewarding when you see immediate results in your ability. Huge payoff for such a
meager investment of time. :beer

I don't know. I feel like a Virgin who just had sex for the first time compared to
how much time you have spent with John. :idk

It sure is fine deep-diving into someone's playing who is so fresh to me. I mean, I knew
some of his music, but had never listened as close as I have in the past month. And I
never once thought to cop a lick, riff, or method of his.

I do feel like this will become a part of my daily routine the rest of my life. It's just so
rewarding when you see immediate results in your ability. Huge payoff for such a
meager investment of time. :beer
I'm glad you're getting good payoffs; I'm still finding bad habits in my technique I need to fix!

I'm glad you're getting good payoffs; I'm still finding bad habits in my technique I need to fix!

Oh man! I am not that far yet, Tom. :LOL:

That precise degree of self-awareness and critical analysis is definitely something I am
discovering. Not sure I want to go through the infinite gauntlet of bad habits I have
built up. Playing strictly acoustic for all of those years fucked my technique up (even
if it gave me a few things). I became too crude and imprecise. Hoping I am partially
rectifying some of that now. :idk

Had other obligations so ended up not playing at all this past weekend. :cry:

Time to jump back into the fire and the fray today! :banana

Woke up today feeling like I am about ready to take get off the Al Train at
the next station. I won't ever be a Fusion guy. I have learned a ton, and the
best part is feeling inspired to work on technique specifically and with intentionality.

I am going to carry over that whole vibe to a new artist/musician soon.

Until then, more Di Meola-izing here. :beer

Fell off the wagon hard for the past couple of weeks. Glad to get back on board
and start playing again. Probably the longest stretch of not playing an instrument
in quite some time.

Really makes me appreciate how much I enjoy playing when Life commands my
focus and attention be on something else. :love

Fell off the wagon hard for the past couple of weeks. Glad to get back on board
and start playing again. Probably the longest stretch of not playing an instrument
in quite some time.

Really makes me appreciate how much I enjoy playing when Life commands my
focus and attention be on something else. :love
Welcome back. :beer
Sometimes a break is needed no matter what the reasons.

Back