a mellow one that i did with my church...

andergtr

Roadie
not sure how many people are involved in the contemporary church/praise & worship realm, but this is a song that is fairly popular by a church called bethel. i don't much care for their theology but this is a cool song that has a sort of a nashville ballad tinge to it. we redid it with my church and i decided to throw some 80s style LA studio stuff at the end of the song.

my friend rose lee did the lead vocals, and i did all the electric guitars. i used a hodgepodge of strats/superstrats on it, but the main guitar you hear in the ending section with the solo-ish kinda parts is the tyler studio elite with a tyler california special humbucker through my bogner ecstasy 3534 head into a bogner straight 412 with V30s. in fact, i did all the guitar parts with that amp and used a single SM57 straight into pro tools. effects were courtesy of a strymon mobius and a strymon timeline. otherwise, everything else is the amp.

not sure how many people are involved in the contemporary church/praise & worship realm, but this is a song that is fairly popular by a church called bethel. i don't much care for their theology but this is a cool song that has a sort of a nashville ballad tinge to it. we redid it with my church and i decided to throw some 80s style LA studio stuff at the end of the song.

my friend rose lee did the lead vocals, and i did all the electric guitars. i used a hodgepodge of strats/superstrats on it, but the main guitar you hear in the ending section with the solo-ish kinda parts is the tyler studio elite with a tyler california special humbucker through my bogner ecstasy 3534 head into a bogner straight 412 with V30s. in fact, i did all the guitar parts with that amp and used a single SM57 straight into pro tools. effects were courtesy of a strymon mobius and a strymon timeline. otherwise, everything else is the amp.

I play acoustic, electric and bass on the worship team at a large church. We do this one, too. Yours sounds great!

Super tasteful… Nice mix - equally tasty

tasty orange GIF

thanks! yeah, we are pretty blessed with good musicians. and then there's me. :)
I feel the same way about ours! I auditioned for three instruments and got in for all three, then I was afraid to play anything on Sundays because I didn't want to ruin it!

Back