A-Frame guitar stands?

spawnofthesith

Rock Star
TGF Recording Artist
Anyone use a frame stands? Are they sturdy/reliable? I like the concept and space saving but I also have an anxiety attack every time I look at one

Hercules-GS302B-1200x1200.jpg

These are very good, Even more compact and very stable. I used the Quicklock original A frame from when it came out but these are just as stable and they fold up really well.

Last edited:
I absolutely love these:
⁣K&M 17590 – Musikhaus Thomann.jpg

As compact as it gets, pretty much no wearing out parts, super light, fitting into any gigbag. Apparently not suitable for nitro laquer (which I don't think is true, but these are the words of K&M), but you could modifiy the padding. Also no ways for any cables to slip under and cause havoc.
Will never use any others ever again.

I absolutely love these:
View attachment 6589

Apparently not suitable for nitro laquer (which I don't think is true, but these are the words of K&M), but you could modifiy the padding.
I had one of these K&M stands like 8 years ago, and they definitely affected my Les Paul. Put dark yellow streaks on the bottom of the guitar where the contact points touched it. You could even see it on the face of the guitar, because of the white binding.

They may have changed since then, but I’d absolutely put something like a towel or something in between the stand and guitar (for a Gibson, at least.)

Other than that issue, I really liked the stand quite a bit :hmm

I'm a jackass and 4/5 of my guitars are nitro :facepalm:LOL:

I had been looking at run of the mill 5 guitar stands but it seems like everything thats reasonably priced seemed to have reviews complaining about nitro impacts. So then I was looking at possibly getting a pair of these instead hence this thread. It seems like they have the less foamy material that seems to cause problems but IDK really seems like it could be a crap shoot still

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gator/RI-GTRAU2X-Double-A-Frame-Guitar-Stand-1500000272109.gc

FWIW I've often kept nitro guitars in various run of the mill cheap single guitar stands and never had an issue, but after hearing about some things recently I've gotten paranoid

I suppose I can still just get a standard 5 guitar stand and throw some shirts and socks on it, but that doesn't sound [particularly aesthetically pleasing

I absolutely love these:
View attachment 6589

As compact as it gets, pretty much no wearing out parts, super light, fitting into any gigbag. Apparently not suitable for nitro laquer (which I don't think is true, but these are the words of K&M), but you could modifiy the padding. Also no ways for any cables to slip under and cause havoc.
Will never use any others ever again.
I watched my singer's thinline acoustic fall over forward on one of these, last weekend :cry:, although she's not quite as careful/vigilant as I am with gear.

I used to use the Quik Lok A frames back in the day, nice and sturdy. I wish they still made them, I'd consider using them again. These days I rock the Ultimate Support GS-1000's I've had/gigged for quite a few years.

those don't fit my Hyperion very well but i like them for regular shapes.

i have one of those dual hercules stands that holds it up at the headstock. works great.

I watched my singer's thinline acoustic fall over forward on one of these, last weekend :cry:

And that sucks big time… I had a band where the bass player was the lead singer. Put his Alembic into the stand, turned around as the neck bounced off the rest and fell forward, snapping it in half.

I watched my singer's thinline acoustic fall over forward on one of these, last weekend

Sure, non of those A-shaped stands protects much (if at all) against forward movements. But I always place my guitars so they can't be approached from the back anyway.

And that sucks big time… I had a band where the bass player was the lead singer. Put his Alembic into the stand, turned around as the neck bounced off the rest and fell forward, snapping it in half.

Sure, non of those A-shaped stands protects much (if at all) against forward movements. But I always place my guitars so they can't be approached from the back anyway.
True, I mean, I imagine MOST of guitar safety is keeping them in a place where people can't get to them, and she leaves hers, with the cable plugged in, right in the middle of the stage, right in the path of the band/soundmen walking by it :LOL: :facepalm

I have a Gator Frameworks one that I keep next to my desk. It’s perfect if you’re constantly picking up and putting down your guitar while tracking, although it’s not something I’d keep my guitar on for long periods of time.

IMG_1101.jpeg

I have a Gator Frameworks one that I keep next to my desk. It’s perfect if you’re constantly picking up and putting down your guitar while tracking, although it’s not something I’d keep my guitar on for long periods of time.

View attachment 6591
These are driving me mad as all guitar cables are born with the irrepressible will to always hug any free metal poles, regardless of their shape.

If anyone is looking for a space saving home studio solution, I love the D'Addario guitar dock. So convenient.

It can clamp horizontal or vertically to a desk leg. Probably best on carpet or a rug cause the guitar rests on the ground

GuitarDock-large.jpg.auto.webp

Here's mine in action
31GQq81.jpeg

Just keep in mind. Nitro no likey.

(Sorry. I see this was already addressed).

FWIW I've often kept nitro guitars in various run of the mill cheap single guitar stands and never had an issue, but after hearing about some things recently I've gotten paranoid

I suppose I can still just get a standard 5 guitar stand and throw some shirts and socks on it, but that doesn't sound [particularly aesthetically pleasing

I use multiple guitars, and like to have them out at all times. That is what I have done. :idk

I'd rather have them all together, than have 3 or 4 different (smaller) stands taking up even more
floor space.

I use multiple guitars, and like to have them out at all times. That is what I have done. :idk

I'd rather have them all together, than have 3 or 4 different (smaller) stands taking up even more
floor space.

At home all but one are in wall hangers, live I usually bring 2 (3 in case I need an acoustic) and those small K&Ms fit into the respective gigbags, hence no need to carry any multi-stand (I even own one for 7 guitars). Best of all worlds for me.

Back