A Chef, a Dentist, and a Herpetologist walk into a bar..

Ha - nice. Great to have the kids home for Christmas, eh?

What does your Herp daughter do? I’ve always been into reptiles since I was young, had a reptile business in college, and still have 3 ball pythons in the house…. 😊

What does your Herp daughter do? I’ve always been into reptiles since I was young, had a reptile business in college, and still have 3 ball pythons in the house…. 😊

Right now temporary stuff like surveys. nesting habits and stuff like that.

Since she was able to walk she was bringing frogs, snakes, turtles in the house. Even picked up a water moccasin one time whilst we were fishing and I nearly had a heart attack LOL. Luckily it was dead.

Since she was able to walk she was bringing frogs, snakes, turtles in the house. Even picked up a water moccasin one time whilst we were fishing and I nearly had a heart attack LOL. Luckily it was dead.
Ha - that’s awesome. LOL at the water moccasin - you don’t want to be F’ing with those things! In college, I bought/sold some venomous snakes, and got bit by a copperhead, which put me into the hospital. At midnight (peer pressure led me to playing with it…dumb, dumb, dumb). My parents didn’t appreciate getting that call in the middle of the night…

Girls with snakes and reptiles is fun though. I had a 6-foot Boa Constrictor, and my daughters loved to take him to school for show-and-tell and things like that. The biggest kick they got was seeing the boys scared of it, when they were fearless…

Here’s a picture way back then. (She’s in college now - time flies).

A8AF5CF2-0E6C-473E-ADFE-101CB6F9B477.jpeg

I had no idea what a herpetologist was and thought this thread was going to go in a completely different direction.

At least I know a new word that will make a preteen chuckle.

Happy hooligans!

Back