7-String Tunings

Kind of like foods I never liked previously and how I give them a try once I year to see if my taste buds changed, I do the same thing with 8-strings. I hear so much stuff that makes me think “Sh*t, I should just get one for the odd time I want to go down that low” then I play one and I’m like….”Yeah….I want a Tele more than an 8-string…” and move on. I’ve been doing that for nearly a decade at this point.
I go through a similar cycle. I’ve had an 8 string and felt like I never really put in enough time on the lower strings to get more out of it. Also the occasional what are you thinking there’s so much more room to go on working on the 6 string. That being said I recently put my Majesty 7 up for sale after coming to the conclusion I wanted to primarily work on 6 strings and have an 8 string for the times I want something more.

Been thinking about one of these;

I go through a similar cycle. I’ve had an 8 string and felt like I never really put in enough time on the lower strings to get more out of it. Also the occasional what are you thinking there’s so much more room to go on working on the 6 string. That being said I recently put my Majesty 7 up for sale after coming to the conclusion I wanted to primarily work on 6 strings and have an 8 string for the times I want something more.

Been thinking about one of these;

It seems to me the better decision for an 8 would be a multiscale. Hard to get a feel for them in a music store when it’s been bashed on by a teenager for 6 months by the time you get to them, but the tension on that low string is definitely something I’m curious about.

Back