3.5 HX Cabinets

Are you using the updated cabs?

• Using them

• Using them and my go to IRs

• Went back to my go to IRs

• I don’t own anything that uses them, however I’d like to see the poll results

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Matchless cab is coming for sure.

I hope to see in future updates:
Basketweave 4x12 G12-M20.
Hiwatt/WEM 4x12 with Fanes.
Better Alnico Blue, modern variation.
Better 4x12 Brit v30 (Marshall G12 Vintage), the current one is terrible.
Marshall 4x12 with G12-65 from the early 80s, everything from ACDC to Metallica used these, painfully underrepresented speaker.
More Greenbacks (G12-30 75Hz, G12-30 55Hz, Modern G12-25), there are so many greenback/blackback variations throughout history including the latest Heritage series, one is not enough.

In all honesty, I can create infinite number of excellent sounds and even recreate artist sounds with what we already have by using Dual cab and carefully tuning the setting. Additional cabs will allow even more versatility with less fiddling to achieve results faster or even instantly for people who don't like advanced tweaking.
Another element is curiosity, I love to try rare vintage cabs or cabs that were famously used by artists on certain recordings.

EDIT:
I know Fractal is working on similar cab tech and I'm pretty sure this will make it very though for IR vendors to remain relevant once Fractal jumps on that bandwagon.
I also think that Fractal will do this better than Line 6 or NDSP by using more sampling points for each speaker and having several variations of the same speaker type like they do with their amp models, storage/memory space and processing power are non-issues.

Last edited:
I'd love to see a way for a user to turn their own IR's into a HX cab by assigning IR files to areas of a speaker, setting up microphone meta-data, setting distance and angle measurements, etc etc.

I've got a bunch of IR's I've made of my own cabs that I'd love to do this with. It would mean you could treat your own personal cab in the same kind of "moving a microphone around" type of approach, and blend between all of the positions.

I'd love to see a way for a user to turn their own IR's into a HX cab by assigning IR files to areas of a speaker, setting up microphone meta-data, setting distance and angle measurements, etc etc.

I've got a bunch of IR's I've made of my own cabs that I'd love to do this with. It would mean you could treat your own personal cab in the same kind of "moving a microphone around" type of approach, and blend between all of the positions.

Yep. LINK

It is the obvious next thing to do with this tech, let the user create his own virtual abomination form 20 random XY IRs.
Every position can be a different speakers, mic, etc. imagination is the limit.

Every position can be a different speakers, mic, etc. imagination is the limit.
Each to their own, and I get what you are saying, but personally I see this as a bad implementation, much like having to "change" the mic on the QC cab block to select a user IR - it just doesn't make logical sense.

Implementation and logic sense is 100% up to you.
You have 5 slots for X axis and 5 slots for Y axis, put whatever you want in them that makes sense to you.

Implementation and logic sense is 100% up to you.
You have 5 slots for X axis and 5 slots for Y axis, put whatever you want in them that makes sense to you.
Alternatively, just have more IR slots, partitioner into banks of 25 (or another arbitrary number) - does the same thing, just more elegantly, and without breaking the paradigm.

Back