19 yr old me would hate me

Steinmetzify

Roadie
So sitting here with a seriously great 2011 ESP Viper.

F89912B6-7B0B-427D-97FB-A08792B8CE9F.jpeg

It’s a fantastic guitar, served me well when I got into a car accident and messed up my shoulder a few years back. Good friend of mine introduced me to doom and sludge, ala Down, Crowbar, Elder and so forth. Was great for that and many other things.

I’ve loved ESP guitars since I was 19, that’s 30 years.

I love that I have it, love the headstock and the OG script on it and it gives me a charge every time I walk past it.

Problem is this showed up almost a year ago and I have straight barely touched that ESP since.

C2B74252-71D2-49ED-963E-C848C74747B2.jpeg

I don’t need to sell it; 19 yr old me would be ecstatic that I could have a $2k guitar sitting here not being used with no hardship to me or my family, but I never play it.

Problem being I don’t want to sell it cause I know if I do the second it’s gone I’m gonna write the dopest doom riff I’ve ever come up with.

Wat do?

Put it in a different tuning and use it in another way. Make it different in a way that your main guitar can’t do. I get people all the time buying a “back up “ guitar that is the same as their main instrument but nothing is ever identical and the favourite gets all the use ( why would you play an instrument that offers nothing different and is not preferred?)so the the back ups never get played. They should have just bought a second instrument that could be used to cover the same material but has a difference that is a virtue in itself.

Put it in a different tuning and use it in another way. Make it different in a way that your main guitar can’t do. I get people all the time buying a “back up “ guitar that is the same as their main instrument but nothing is ever identical and the favourite gets all the use ( why would you play an instrument that offers nothing different and is not preferred?)so the the back ups never get played. They should have just bought a second instrument that could be used to cover the same material but has a difference that is a virtue in itself.
All of this! Stein; both of those guitars are KILLER! Enjoy them both for different things!

Back