Zoom G2 Four FX Processor Pedal

Lysander

Shredder

So, Zoom wants some of that sweet HX Stomp dollar it seems.

G2Four-xlarge.jpg.auto.webp

I... kinda like the look of it? It's the same faux carbon fiber body used in the G6 and G11, but they somehow managed to keep the design way cleaner, even with multiple buttons, encoders and footswitches.

Last edited:
Still pushing that stupid ass Krampus amp model :wat No one gives a shit while they rip off the Boss approach to amp modeling :rofl

To be fair (and hypocritical) as I posted that Morley Multi-fx turd a while back :sofa:rofl

Still pushing that stupid ass Krampus amp model :wat No one gives a s**t while they rip off the Boss approach to amp modeling :rofl

To be fair (and hypocritical) as I posted that Morley Multi-fx turd a while back :sofa:rofl
It’s embarrassing I look at some of the latest gen Chinese stuff like the Valeton and it’s a great looking unit
Well thought out with nice gui and editor , then there is this turd 💩

This is a masterpiece of awful industrial design. The footswitch in between the buttons. The button layout. The gameboy graphics. It's so bad I kinda want one.
I can see what they were going for here. Up/down change models and left/rigth scroll the signal chain. I'm guessing those buttons are big and clicky so you don't accidentally press them and can also possibly use them with your feet if needed. It looks like in regular use you would not be likely to stomp on them instead of the footswitch.

The "Gameboy graphics" are not particularly easy to read but I don't mind them that much. My beef is that the UI seems to be really slow to react to anything and you really need to spin those knobs a lot to go from one end to another.

The talking in the video is not very relevant. Dude's just mumbling stuff like "don't need that, let's turn that off, let's do this, we are using this mic on this cab" etc. Out of these I'd pick the MG-300 any day.

This is a masterpiece of awful industrial design. The footswitch in between the buttons. The button layout. The gameboy graphics. It's so bad I kinda want one.

I'll say this much: this device looks way, waaaaaaaaaay better than the Zoom G11 ever did. But that's a really low bar to clear.

I'm tempted to get one (used?) for the schadenfreude factor alone but, as @laxu mentioned the MG-300 does seem to sound way better, and costs 25% less. The MG-30 can be purchase for roughly the same price as the G2 Four, and sports a metal enclosure with an expression pedal.

It will be a tough sell for Zoom, IMHO.

Thread bump: Leo Gibson is not too impressed.

Doesn't sound bad at all, specially for a $200-ish device, but some design choices are baffling. Like, the control app is not free?!

Thread bump: Leo Gibson is not too impressed.

Doesn't sound bad at all, specially for a $200-ish device, but some design choices are baffling. Like, the control app is not free?!

Yeah I have watched a lot of his videos and as far as this one goes, this is pretty much Leo slamming a product. Rightfully so. Can't change what cab the amp uses? Ridiculous to say the least. Paid app? LOL. Tiny B&W screen? WOW. Hard pass. I wouldn't even carry it as a backup.

Back