Youtube Complaining about Adblockers

I didn't mind a few ads before starting a video, but I've seen videos where there are two unskipable, 10-15 second ads literally every 5 minutes, in a 30 minute video. That is ridiculous.

We are in a situation where there's at least three major services that are going down the enshittification drain: Reddit, Twitter and YouTube. Unfortunately for none of these there is no alternative service that has a big enough following to just get people to move over.

Federated services like Lemmy (kinda like Reddit) or Mastodon (like Twitter) are still a bit difficult for most people to get into and wrap their head around the concept so userbase is small. Don't know what alternatives for video there are, even if 90% of YT content is complete garbage.

IMO Google/YT are earning way more than enough already by their at least questionable business models. Having people pay in addition is just over the top (and I certainly don't mind paying for whatever quality experience).

I like that at least in the EU they try and stand up to megalithic fucks like Google, Apple, and the like.

We roll over like a submissive dog here in the States and show them our soft, white underbelly. :idk

I get it. Without ads, YouTube and their creators wouldn’t exist. I can live with them. However, my issue with YouTube ads is that they pop up at the wrong time every time. It throws off the continuity and pace of the video every single time.

I think “content creators” should have the ability to set when the ad plays, just like network television does. Television shows put them right after a cliffhanger or in-between scenes. “Content creators” should be able to edit in spots where ads will play.

Google has the technology. They just need to implement it.

I get it. Without ads, YouTube and their creators wouldn’t exist. I can live with them. However, my issue with YouTube ads is that they pop up at the wrong time every time. It throws off the continuity and pace of the video every single time.

I think “content creators” should have the ability to set when the ad plays, just like network television does. Television shows put them right after a cliffhanger or in-between scenes. “Content creators” should be able to edit in spots where ads will play.

Google has the technology. They just need to implement it.
I believe they do have the ability to do that, but not everyone does and sometimes Google seems to throw in a shitload of ads to some videos and not others.

Still haven't seen a single ad on computer with AdGuard in use, but not sure if the ad blocker blocking stuff has been rolled to Finland yet.

Still haven't seen a single ad on computer with AdGuard in use, but not sure if the ad blocker blocking stuff has been rolled to Finland yet.

Seems to be gone in Europe entirely. They still changed some things at YT, most video downloaders don't work properly anymore or grab strange file formats.

Back