Your Ultimate Band Thread

la szum

Goatlord
You have unlimited funds and choices. You can pick any number of musicians you want.

If you had that at your disposal what would your "Ultimate Band" be, and who would it
consist of? :idk

Do a Power Trio, a 4 piece, Allman Brothers Band with 2 drummers, Twin Guitars and Epic
Harmonies, a Power Ballad Band drenched in Keys and Big Hair. :LOL: Whatever. Carte Blanche.

Or just toss out some cool combinations. :beer

1697505824526.jpeg
"Ooohh ooh Mr. Kotter! I got another one. But I'll wait..."

I’ll go with my preferred twin lead attack (Maiden, Queenryche) with a Steve Harris type bass player, and Ronnie Munroe handling the vocals…oh yeah baby 👌

I'm going to pick one that nearly happened - Mahavishnu Orchestra with Tony Levin. Levin was McLaughlin's first choice, but wasn't home when the call came. The way he tells it, he gets home and his mother says, "someone named 'Murray Vishnu' called for you. They have an orchestra job."

Jerry Cantrell- Guitars/Vox
Bill Kelliher- Guitar
Drew- Guitars/Vox
Morgan Rose- Drums
Ryan Martini- Bass

We could call is Mastodon In MudDust Chains

I’ll go with my preferred twin lead attack (Maiden, Queenryche) with a Steve Harris type bass player, and Ronnie Munroe handling the vocals…oh yeah baby 👌

Dude; I LOVE Metal Church. I like pieces of all eras but David Wayne is one of my all time favorite metal singers :chef:chef:chef

Jerry Cantrell---Guitars/Vocals
Chris Cornell---Vocals/Guitar
Dave Grohl---Drums/Vocals
Duff McKagan---Bass

Now that would be a fun group to listen to. I am surprised it didn't happen... at least a jam sesh.

Phil Collins---Drums/Vocals
Tony Levin---Bass
Peter Gabriel---Keys/Piano/Vocals
Me---Guitars/Vocals/Jaw Drops
Daniel Lanois---Guitars/Vocals/Production
Brian Eno--Synth/Keys/Production

:chef

The one thing about groups is the chemistry of the group. When you put random combinations of awesome together; you can't guarantee the outcome will be just as awesome as the individual's groups in question.

Yet, some of the best bands of all time the members loathed one another. :idk

Getting along to go along is way overrated!! :LOL:

Jerry Cantrell- Guitars/Vox
Bill Kelliher- Guitar
Drew- Guitars/Vox
Morgan Rose- Drums
Ryan Martini- Bass

We could call is Mastodon In MudDust Chains

What? No Brent? :LOL:

I actually prefer Brent's playing over Bill's. :idk

You familiar with that semi-Mastodon/AIC mashup Giraffe Tongue Orchestra?

What? No Brent? :LOL:

I actually prefer Brent's playing over Bill's. :idk

You familiar with that semi-Mastodon/AIC mashup Giraffe Tongue Orchestra?

Hahahah Brent can come play on some shit but there's no way in hell am I dealing with that dude in a band situation. :rofl I LOVE his playing and he'd be at the top of my list of metal lead players, I just want to be able to keep up with the guys in my band! :ROFLMAO:

And yeah, that GTO album is AWESOME!

I bought the CD when it came out.... mid 2010s??.... and haven't listened to it in
an hot minute. May have to revisit it.

Brent's leads and tones are :chef

It's crazy how there are some legit "supergroups" that I wouldn't change a thing about.

The Who
Led Zeppelin
Rush
AC/DC up to Highway To Hell
Aerosmith
The Beatles (sorry for hating on you when I was young and dumb, Ringo)
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest

That list could go on and on and on....

Back