Where are all the Agile Interceptor 725's (not Pro)?

pipelineaudio

Shredder
Used to be 5 zillion Interceptor 725s out there (the bolt ons, not the Pro, which were the neck thru) and now I can't find any used anywhere. Who's hoarding these?

At the beginning of the pandemic, we saw loads of shipping containers being filled up with used gear bought by uber rich hoarders in hawaii, who knows where those things ever went, but it was like ANY used guitar, amp, drumset, anything that showed up on craigslist or facebook marketplace. I donlt know if that's still going on or if its more that manufacturing is still super short because of the chip shortage or lack of staff.

I am recently looking for used Ibanez 7 strings, and used guitars are twice the price of brand new guitars before the pandemic, what the hell man?

I keep seeing a shitload of Agiles and Legators popping up at my local GC’s. (South Florida)

Somehow, Ibanez RG7620’s keep popping up for under $800, you just need to keep your eyes peeled. I’m in several Ibanez-related FB groups and that’s how I found mine. Ibanez: Buy, Sell, Trade is the specific one. Look up the member Bo Ze, that guy is CONSTANTLY selling killer Ibanez stuff for dirt cheap and often has a 7-string or two he’s getting rid of. Great guy to deal with and he’s got a lot of satisfied customers on there. I snagged my 7620 for $500 from him in ‘22, just has one ding in the paint.

Does the 7620 come with a Wizard neck? The specs say "RG Neck" not sure if that's the same thing. I remember having an RG570 in the early 90s and it was killer, but can't remember the neck shape exactly

There’s a pawn shop near here that’s had either an Agile or Legato 7 string for sale for like a year now. I went and looked at it last summer, but it was so dirty I couldn’t really tell if it was worth buying and pawn shops these days seem to think stuff appreciates just cause they own it, soooo… :ROFLMAO:

Does the 7620 come with a Wizard neck? The specs say "RG Neck" not sure if that's the same thing. I remember having an RG570 in the early 90s and it was killer, but can't remember the neck shape exactly

Eh, it’s closer to a JEM/Universe neck than a Wizard. I don’t think they can make the 7’s that thin! It IS remarkably comfy, though. I just played a few ESP and Schecter 7’s a couple weeks ago and the first thing that hit my mind was “No one has really gotten the necks as good as Ibanez on 7’s” Wide and flat with some shoulders.

I joined the facebook groups just now...Holy crap those guys' prices are on megacrack. 4 year old guitars for 1.5x the price they are new on sweetwater. And what's with the really garbage tremolos on so many of them? Its like in the 90's looking at used musclecars from the 60's and marveling at all the people who were given the choice, but when new bought 4 doors instead of two, column shifters instead of floor and 318's instead of 340's....madness

I joined the facebook groups just now...Holy crap those guys' prices are on megacrack. 4 year old guitars for 1.5x the price they are new on sweetwater. And what's with the really garbage tremolos on so many of them? Its like in the 90's looking at used musclecars from the 60's and marveling at all the people who were given the choice, but when new bought 4 doors instead of two, column shifters instead of floor and 318's instead of 340's....madness

Ibanez stopped putting out consistent, badass guitars 24 years ago. Now you have to spend $2k+ to get a new, badass Ibanez, or -$1000 buy going with a used 90’s MIJ.

Pretty much every 7-string with a LoPro, aside from the 7620’s, is going to be $1500+. I know you were digging the Gotoh stuff, the 7420’s have the Lo-TRS-7, so you could always drop a 1997 in a 7420.

And yeah, the Wizard 3 is basically the JEM neck. Close enough to it that some sandpaper would make them indistinguishable in about 60 seconds.

Didn't Ibanez have some 7 strings built in Korea by World in the 2000-2020 era?

Also, whats the difference between 7320 and 7420? They both seem to have the same edge 2-7 tremolo

Last edited:
I got to look at this one today. It’s a brand new one of one of the guitars on the Facebook group that someone was selling used there.
IMG_6086.jpeg
IMG_6085.jpeg

The last killer Ibanez I had in my hands was built in Fujigen in 1997...

Didn't Ibanez have some 7 strings built in Korea by World in the 2000-2020 era?

Also, whats the difference between 7320 and 7420? They both seem to have the same edge 2-7 tremolo

Honestly, I stopped paying attention the second they changed everything from LoPros to Edge PrOS. They've spit out a million models in the last 24 years I couldn't give two fucks about based on the trem alone. I know you're over at SSO, I'd just post in one of the Ibanez NAMM threads and one of those guys will know every model and the differences between them.

If you’re considering a 7620, I’d holt out for a good deal on one of those. I had two at different points - one in 99 and one from 2001. One in black and the other in Vampire Kiss Red. Necks were very comfortable. I just didn’t have the patience for a Floyd type guitar at that point.

I would assume some of the World made Ibanez models should be great, with World's usual fretwork and quality control. Its kind of crazy to me to think of buying a guitar so old, but I will keep my eye out. Its cool how much the 7620 looks like my beloved RG570 I had in the early 90's

Back