What is the most you would spend on the perfect guitar?

How much would you pay for the perfect guitar for you, every spec you wanted?

Votes: 3 7.5%

Votes: 15 37.5%

Votes: 7 17.5%

Votes: 12 30.0%

Votes: 4 10.0%

Votes: 1 2.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over 12k

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whatever it costs

• Total voters

JasonE

Roadie
If you were able to get your dream guitar and spec out all of these things below, how much would you be willing to pay for it?

• Single cut or double cut
  • Woods
  • Weight
  • Inlays
  • Scale length
  • Fretboard radius
  • Pickups and pickup configuration
  • Control layout
  • Finish and color
  • Frets
  • Nut material
  • Hardware

I set the poll to allow 2 choices in case you had a couple of ranges in mind depending on the specs.

The most I have spent was $7k for a PRS Private Stock 594. This was before the core model was available.
IMG_20160825_164905.jpg

pretty close to perfect.

Where's the $4K choice. That's what I paid for the Kenai and it's the most I've ever dropped.

* it was cash I inherited
I had to start skipping some amounts due to only having a limited number of slots. I wanted to get the high end amounts in there.

The most I have spent was $7k for a PRS Private Stock 594. This was before the core model was available.View attachment 20509
pretty close to perfect.
You have just rooted out the whole reason I put this thread up. I am considering doing a Private Stock build on a PRS 594. The price on doing this just keeps going up and up. I am not thinking that if I am ever going to do this, it may be time.

I had to start skipping some amounts due to only having a limited number of slots. I wanted to get the high end amounts in there.

You have just rooted out the whole reason I put this thread up. I am considering doing a Private Stock build on a PRS 594. The price on doing this just keeps going up and up. I am not thinking that if I am ever going to do this, it may be time.
I was lucky. The one I purchased listed for $11k but had a tiny "ding" on the back. I low-balled them expecting a denial and they went for it.
229257-detail6-xlarge_1.jpg

Knee-jerk response was $4K... voted $3K... realized I was probably lying and went down to $2K. Stick around folks, we might hit an even grand.

My current #1 cost all of $375. Did it have exactly the woods or hardware I would have selected? Of course not. But I broke a string a couple of nights ago and haven't felt like playing anything else since then. Maybe I should just keep spending $375? :D

I don't never wanna say never (again), but figure I don't need to spend a lot on a guitar going forward. I have a couple that were at obscene prices (even with the discounts I got). One panned out 287% (Majesty) and the other plays really well and looks fantastic on the wall ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but lacks in tonez (PRS 594). Another that falls into the almost insane level was my PRS Paul's, but it was traded.

Have a couple in the $3K range that panned out great, a couple in the barely under $2k range that did, too - and I think anyone can get what they really need there, generally.

I would not spend as much on a guitar that hasn't been built yet, even if it's to my custom specs, as I would on a guitar that already exists and I've played in person, if that makes sense.

There is a high chance I could pick all the specs and then the guitar still ends up not sounding or playing great, and I don't like it. Whereas if I've played and love a real guitar in my hands, I will spend more for it.

Back