Welp, guess i just bought a Helix Floor

Lysander

Shredder
Recently ran into a listing on a local site for a mint Helix Floor - supposedly bought on March 2023 (still under warranty!) and used for just a month or so. Seller had stellar ratings too, so i made an impulse lowball starting bid and then completely forgot about it. Woke up today to find i won at CHF 730 with S/H - which is basically half the list price in Europe.

Screenshot from 2023-10-21 15-52-07.png

I don't event want a Helix Floor, and if L6 releases a version without expression pedal next month i'll be pissed. But, unless i'm getting scammed, i might just've made a killer deal by accident.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with a Helix ! I have a Helix LT and it does plenty...more than I require.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the floor Helix! I'd just like the same capabilities in a smaller form factor (i.e. sans expression pedal).

It'd also be hard to justify keeping both the HX Stomp XL and a Helix. Specially given how i also have a white HX Stomp 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Well, smack my ass and call me Judy.

PXL_20231028_111321247.jpg
PXL_20231028_111654380.jpg

It's legit! Other than needing a wipe with a cloth and some Windex, the thing IS brand new, and exactly as described in the listing. Everything also appears to work perfectly fine.

PXL_20231028_112726842.jpg

Goddamnit, Line 6. I didn't want a floor Helix, but this is one sexy piece of hardware - and the price can't be beaten. Now i need to decide whether to resell it (for a good profit), or let go of my Stomp XL and just keep this thing around.

Recently ran into a listing on a local site for a mint Helix Floor - supposedly bought on March 2023 (still under warranty!) and used for just a month or so. Seller had stellar ratings too, so i made an impulse lowball starting bid and then completely forgot about it. Woke up today to find i won at CHF 730 with S/H - which is basically half the list price in Europe.

View attachment 12450

I don't event want a Helix Floor, and if L6 releases a version without expression pedal next month i'll be pissed. But, unless i'm getting scammed, i might just've made a killer deal by accident.

Thats an incredible deal!!! Good on ya!! Congrats.

Now, in order to appease the "smoking deal fairies" you have to sell it to me for $250. Then I'll sell my Stomp to @FuzzyAce for $125 and he can sell something to someone for some other price and... yeah...

I actually felt a bit bad and wrote the guy to thank him; he evidently knows this was a bad bargain on his end, but was like "no, you won a fair auction, no need to apologize." Really hope to deal with him again in the future and maybe repay a bit.

Helix Floor is such a sexy machine. Amazing that it's an 8-years-old design, would look super cool and appealing even if it came out today. What an epic home run for L6.

Seriously, i hadn't touch a Helix Floor in ages, and i was immediately struck by how good the thing still looks and feels today. Beautiful, top notch design :chef

Funnily, i also somehow remembered it being slightly larger? Still heavy AF though!

In case the extra size is no issue for you, I'd consider this a no-brainer.

I really like the Stomp XL, but... yeah. This will basically live at home, and i already have a Stomp, so i think the middle brother will have to go.

Back