Watch the addict twitch. Another alley trip. And you should have known better.

Just compared a JJ100 to a vintage Silver Jubilee, and a Badlander 100.

The JJ sounded good, but I’m just baffled why the Friedman, made in the same state as the Mesa, is so much more expensive.
Somebody named Jerry needs to get paid too? I wonder if Mesa is just assembling thing in CA. Maybe the boards and shells are made elsewhere…

:LOL:

Last edited:
I’m here to add little to no value… but I could never buy the 50 watt versions of the EVH amps. 100 only after hearing the models side by side.

At lower volumes the 100 watt’rs still sounded better to me.
That’s great to hear. I was worried about the missing resonance on the 100w head.

Somebody named Jerry needs to get paid too? I wonder if Mesa is just assembling thing in CA. Maybe the boards and shells are made elsewhere…

:LOL:
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

5153’s are so ubiquitous in certain circles I hesitate to call it a “sleeper”. It’s on the path to being one of the eras defining amps. I’m terribly guilty of this myself, but $1,500 isn’t exactly “little Johnny’s first budget amp” price. :ROFLMAO:

I owned a Stealth 50 and it was badass. Full stop. I only stomach my decision to sell it because I replaced it with an SLO30, which is a cheap sleeper (There I go again) compared to the SSV2 I keep looking at longingly. :rofl
You are absolutely right. I meant a sleeper as in bang for the buck.

A Corvette might be a Chevy. But it’s still a supercar.

I’m here to add little to no value… but I could never buy the 50 watt versions of the EVH amps. 100 only after hearing the models side by side.

At lower volumes the 100 watt’rs still sounded better to me.
100% agree, but those 100w heads are massive.

Back