Want To See My Blonde Beatch?

ManWithGas

Roadie
Okay, this week's offering for show & tell.

It's a July 1971 Blonde Strat and one of the last 4 bolt neck joints, one string tree, two-piece bridge and Fender Pat Pending bridge saddles
before everything went super cheap and south at CBS Fender back in the day.

Last edited:
Wow that is awesome. But yeah, 7.25 = bleh. Haha. That’s just because I lack skills…
Not quite true!

Put at least 6150 size frets on a 7.25 and you'll be fine. The original small and low 6230 frets on a 7.25 were horrible and most couldn't handle them easily while bending and this is why Les Pauls for a while were THE guitar to play.

When playing a 7.25 with 6150 frets into an amp your Strat will deliver and you'll forget you're even playing a 7.25

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Not quite true!

Put at least 6150 size frets on a 7.25 and you'll be fine. The original small and low 6230 frets on a 7.25 were horrible and most couldn't handle them easily while bending and this is why Les Pauls for a while were THE guitar to play.

When playing a 7.25 with 6150 frets into an amp your Strat will deliver and you'll forget you're even playing a 7.25

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
Ooh - that’s a pro tip right there. Now that you say it, it makes perfect sense. But it just never occurred to me!

Back