Wampler’s Guitar Pedal Courses

norminal

Rock Star
@Wampler Pedals is going to be doing a course on designing DIY guitar overdrive circuits.

Have any of you signed up for this upcoming course?

“An upcoming course about designing diy guitar pedal overdrive circuits. Limited enrollment, so register now to secure your spot.”

Yeah I signed up a long time ago now. I'd actually forgotten about it until I saw this thread. I've not heard anything or send anyone else talking about it since I signed up.

I went to the link. It says it is a signup but it is a survey to gather information to build the course from. I filled it out because I would like to see something like this happen.

Yeah I signed up a long time ago now. I'd actually forgotten about it until I saw this thread. I've not heard anything or send anyone else talking about it since I signed up.
Yeah, it appears to be in development. Hopefully Brian will chime in soon. Definitely looking forward to it. 👍🏻

Well, it looks like it’s progressing. I just received an email that an example module is live:

A few months ago I mentioned that I was working on a DIY pedal course and it would be ready around the end of March.

Well, good AND some bad news. The good news is I'm about half done with editing and I have an example from one of the modules up for you to check out:

https://www.guitarpedalcourse.com/courses/how-to-design-overdrive-circuits-for-guitar-pedals-for-beginners

Click "about this upcoming course" and if you're logged in you'll be able to view it.

The bad news: I originally thought this course was going to be about 2 hours long in all. Right now it's looking about twice that in all - but it's a very in depth course, broken up into topics/short chunks so it's easier to take it all in, as well as much more organized than anything else like it. I'm guessing it's about 2 more weeks away or so from being ready for release.

Anyway, check out that video if your curious and I'll probably put a few more up this week as well as examples.

Thanks,

Brian Wampler

Wampler Pedals / GuitarPedalCourse.com

PS...I'll be selling some breadboard modules as well that will help with creating these circuits in the course. While it isn't 100% necessary, it does make it easier to breadboard. Right now I only have about 50 in stock, so if you want one please let me know asap so I can order parts for the next batch, which should be ready about the time the course is done:
https://modyourownpedal.com/products/breadboard-module-bb-1-for-prototyping-guitar-pedals?variant=43411600408728

That's a really easy video to follow for anyone who hasn't used a breadboard before. It'll be interesting to see what the final course looks like. I'm not sure how deep he'll go and how much info that I don't already know I'd actually get out of it.

That's a really easy video to follow for anyone who hasn't used a breadboard before. It'll be interesting to see what the final course looks like. I'm not sure how deep he'll go and how much info that I don't already know I'd actually get out of it.
I’m guessing that it will be a beginner course.

Back