V1 or V2?

mchad

Groupie
Pretending for a moment you're in an alt rock/rock/post punk band and you the guitar player walks into rehearsals armed with a new, not fully fleshed idea. Good old Aussie pub rock if you like.

After the rest of the band groan with expectation you announce there's two versions.

After more head shaking and pleas of mercy the band hear:

V1 (older)

or

V2 (the other day)

Which one gets the nod? And gets offloaded to the band's lyricist/topliner? Can't have both. Or you find a new hobby like needlepoint?

p.s V2 is the FM9 seasoned with Bit Crusher from the Drive block. Actually it's all FM9.

p.s.s they're demos only. Home recorded sonic assaults to your ears.

Last edited:
Pretending for a moment you're in an alt rock/rock/post punk band and you the guitar player walks into rehearsals armed with a new, not fully fleshed idea. Good old Aussie pub rock if you like.

After the rest of the band groan with expectation you announce there's two versions.

After more head shaking and pleas of mercy the band hear:

V1 (older)

or

V2 (the other day)

Which one gets the nod? And gets offloaded to the band's lyricist/topliner? Can't have both. Or you find a new hobby like needlepoint?

p.s V2 is the FM9 seasoned with Bit Crusher from the Drive block. Actually it's all FM9.

p.s.s they're demos only. Home recorded sonic assaults to your ears.

On my phone v1 is more energetic; v2 might be better foundation for vocals? If I were trying to sell folks on the song idea, I'd probably go V1; if I felt it was likely sold and ba d needed a demo to finish there parts/add to, might choose 2 instead.

On my phone v1 is more energetic; v2 might be better foundation for vocals? If I were trying to sell folks on the song idea, I'd probably go V1; if I felt it was likely sold and ba d needed a demo to finish there parts/add to, might choose 2 instead.

Thanks Boudoir. A great perspective. Always good to get other ears involved.

Both sound good but @Boudoir Guitar is right I'd say. First take is more "lively" sounding.

Thanks JT. V1 needs re-recording. I may have used some sort of Boss thingy to do that one. It's a bit ragged with the tones. V2, despite having bit crusher tones on one of those riffs, sounds more polite.

Back