Tuno-O-Matic Bridges

I feel like I need to stay on one style of bridge or the other. TOM bridges usually have me feeling like my hand (or my forearm as well) is too far from the body.

It was definitely an adjustment going from a recessed Floyd to a Tom, but now I switch between guitars enough it’s not a bother.

So the answer to this is buy more guitars and get used to all of them.

I’d imagine if the string spacing matches it wouldn’t be a big deal. I fucking love this bridge and am dumbfounded on why they stopped making it. Perfect fucking solution to a TOM. Why the hell are there still sharp edges on saddles at all in 2023?!?!?!?

I need to remember to look for these occasionally, I want to get a black one for my SZ.

Yup. :beer

I am going to buy a Chibson and then search for a Gibraltar Bridge to put on it. :crazy

Ok. Not really. :LOL:

Then again. :idk

It was definitely an adjustment going from a recessed Floyd to a Tom, but now I switch between guitars enough it’s not a bother.

So the answer to this is buy more guitars and get used to all of them.
I agree. Things are better in just a few days. And I just bought this:

20230910_153415.jpg

I find myself enjoying the simplicity and slink of a mojoaxe compensated wraparound.

I replaced a Kahler with a Hipshot Tone-a-matic, and the tone of the Gibson Shred V came completely alive. It went from an uninspiring turd to a living tone machine.

I need to get some locking shit. Been playing the Edwards all weekend, at one point when I went to roll a knob up or down my hand caught the thumbscrew of the treble side of the bridge posts and even under string tension, I was able to move it a little bit just by brushing against it. All of a sudden the “this guitar needs 15 minutes to warm up before it stays in tune” started making sense to me, I’m curious how much that thumbscrew is turning on it’s own.

I always end up turning them when I change strings, I almost took some teflon tape to them last time I changed strings because of that.

I need to get some locking shit. Been playing the Edwards all weekend, at one point when I went to roll a knob up or down my hand caught the thumbscrew of the treble side of the bridge posts and even under string tension, I was able to move it a little bit just by brushing against it. All of a sudden the “this guitar needs 15 minutes to warm up before it stays in tune” started making sense to me, I’m curious how much that thumbscrew is turning on it’s own.

I always end up turning them when I change strings, I almost took some teflon tape to them last time I changed strings because of that.
Do you have enough downward pressure on the bridge? It certainly shouldn't move quite that easily.

Do you have enough downward pressure on the bridge? It certainly shouldn't move quite that easily.

That‘s surely part of it, I top-wrapped the strings last time I put them on and was considering going back the standard way. I still want a locking bridge on that thing though.

That‘s surely part of it, I top-wrapped the strings last time I put them on and was considering going back the standard way. I still want a locking bridge on that thing though.
If you have the tools, you could make a Tonepros style locking bridge by drilling a few holes, making threads in them and putting in grub screws like on Fender saddles. Probably easier to just swap the bridge tho.

If you have the tools, you could make a Tonepros style locking bridge by drilling a few holes, making threads in them and putting in grub screws like on Fender saddles. Probably easier to just swap the bridge tho.

Actually, I do have the tools and that’d be a fun project, hahahah but I have a pile of fun projects to get to. :rofl

Back