Troubleshooting when you're dumb. Short answer: Badlander is fixed.

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
Couple of examples. I hate convoluted troubleshooting.
Friday night. Roll up to the stage, bit later than usual; to make sure everything is on and signal is passing. I have a slightly complex routing scheme

:bag

No sound, no sound, no level lights on tuner or Stomp showing that audio is passing to any point in the chain. Pull the tuner out of the running; direct in with a guitar cable, it works. WTF. Of course; 3/5 of the band are around me because we need to get into our stage gear. Look down and realize that I ran my GK cable through my strap but hadn't plugged it into the pickup.

4VBRuX0.gif

On a more technical note; I have had issues with the Badlander head and the cabclone out. No signal passing through headphone jack or XLR. Tore it down today as I was set to send in to Mesa. I was just shipping the chassis. Take a look around inside; nothing is obviously amiss.

Last time I futzed with it; I imported my go to IRs and nothing worked. I ended up pasting the factory IRs back in place when I was done playing but didn't bother to test again. Fire it up, connect to monitors and headphones and the goddamn thing is now working :mad::mad::mad: Go back; re-import my Boss IRs and try again in just 2 slots. No sound. I remembered I did a backup before updating my Stomp. I imported 2 Boss IRs from the Stomp back up and now the cabclone is working with my Boss IRs
:columbo

Like any modeler; the Stomp will process the IRs when you import them. I must have accidentally grabbed IRs from the wrong folder that weren't edited down to the right length/format/sample rate. The IRs exported from the Helix work perfectly and my BL50 problem was not a problem after all.

200.gif

:oops::wat:brick:hugitout:rofl

Last edited:
That's a lot more excusable than me just barely pulling the jack out of my AxeFX to shut the amp hiss noise up and then panicking for 10 minutes EVERY TIME I pick up a guitar and plug it in after without pushing the jack back into the input on the AxeFX. Every time. I've done it at least 30 times.

At least you caught it before shipping it out!

That's a lot more excusable than me just barely pulling the jack out of my AxeFX to shut the amp hiss noise up and then panicking for 10 minutes EVERY TIME I pick up a guitar and plug it in after without pushing the jack back into the input on the AxeFX. Every time. I've done it at least 30 times.

At least you caught it before shipping it out!
Seriously; so irritated yet relieved right now :wat :rofl

Wow. Sounds like something I would do for sure. But so glad you figured it out before dealing with the shipping hassle - not only the cost of shipping, but the risk of it being damaged going there or coming back!

Don’t look back - look ahead and celebrate the Badlander is Bad to the Bone and working!!

Wow. Sounds like something I would do for sure. But so glad you figured it out before dealing with the shipping hassle - not only the cost of shipping, but the risk of it being damaged going there or coming back!

Don’t look back - look ahead and celebrate the Badlander is Bad to the Bone and working!!
...and list the 50 in emporium after double checking later in the week that my findings were right :bag :rollsafe:rofl

Couple of examples. I hate convoluted troubleshooting.
Friday night. Roll up to the stage, bit later than usual; to make sure everything is on and signal is passing. I have a slightly complex routing scheme

:bag

No sound, no sound, no level lights on tuner or Stomp showing that audio is passing to any point in the chain. Pull the tuner out of the running; direct in with a guitar cable, it works. WTF. Of course; 3/5 of the band are around me because we need to get into our stage gear. Look down and realize that I ran my GK cable through my strap but hadn't plugged it into the pickup.

4VBRuX0.gif

On a more technical note; I have had issues with the Badlander head and the cabclone out. No signal passing through headphone jack or XLR. Tore it down today as I was set to send in to Mesa. I was just shipping the chassis. Take a look around inside; nothing is obviously amiss.

Last time I futzed with it; I imported my go to IRs and nothing worked. I ended up pasting the factory IRs back in place when I was done playing but didn't bother to test again. Fire it up, connect to monitors and headphones and the goddamn thing is now working :mad::mad::mad: Go back; re-import my Boss IRs and try again in just 2 slots. No sound. I remembered I did a backup before updating my Stomp. I imported 2 Boss IRs from the Stomp back up and now the cabclone is working with my Boss IRs
:columbo

Like any modeler; the Stomp will process the IRs when you import them. I must have accidentally grabbed IRs from the wrong folder that weren't edited down to the right length/format/sample rate. The IRs exported from the Helix work perfectly and my BL50 problem was not a problem after all.

200.gif

:oops::wat:brick:hugitout:rofl
HOW DARE YOU MAKE IT SEEM AS IF THERE’S A PROBLEM WITH MY BELOVED BADLANDERS!?

Haha! Nice. :beer

After a few decades under my built dealing with crisis situations gigging---and the pressure and time constraints
that come with that---I now know for a fact that 98 times out of 100 times there is a gear failure it is operator error
of some kind.

Nope. Gear is seldom if ever the issue. End user issues? Yup. That's where the problem lies. :LOL:

Why only half? How do we know he didn't mess up the Electra Dyne, too?? :idk

:crazy
They relisted it on their site :bag I did get corroboration of the malfunction. I am not sure how they got it "repaired" so quickly. Unless it was replacing some bad pots and contact cleaner'ing the reverb level controls :idea

Back