Treble Bleed Circuit - What Component Values ?

I think you can just use a multi meter to get the resonant peak?
It can be done by sending various frequencies of signals into a reactive circuit, then measuring output using a simple volt-meter.

It's a real pain in the ass, but I've done it before using a cell phone to inject signal(s) and mapping everything out on graph paper.

Honestly.. it's gonna be easier to just hobble together a handful of resistors and caps and just trial-and-error that shift.

But I also wire in a bass cut with one of the tone controls, so there is a lot of interesting shades when used with the treble bleed circuit. Redundant? Maybe in some cases but the interaction changes based on what kinds of gain you're running.

What are your thoughts on a slightly hot PAF-style humbucker (8.8kΩ) with a 500kΩ volume pot, no tone pot, and my guitar cable measures 1nF ?

:unsure:
FWIW, I just checked the value of the treble bleed on my Ibanez JS6, which is loaded with a DiMarzio Fred (10.38 Kohm) and PAF Pro (8.4 Kohm), and it uses a 330pF ceramic cap with no resistor.

John Cordy did a video today if you want to hear it in action:

FWIW, I just checked the value of the treble bleed on my Ibanez JS6, which is loaded with a DiMarzio Fred (10.38 Kohm) and PAF Pro (8.4 Kohm), and it uses a 330pF ceramic cap with no resistor.

John Cordy did a video today if you want to hear it in action:

I really liked that on my guitar, because it allowed me to get my neck pickup in parallel to go from close to a P90 tone to close to a strat pickup tone, just by rolling back the volume knob and not touching the tone knob. It was great.

I like treble bleeds quite a bit.

The PRS version which I think is 280pf cap only really makes it sound brighter like a single coil with the volume down which I like with medium to hotter pickups especially.

I recently put a resistor-cap combo in my Les Paul, I think .0022uf and 150k in parallel, and I like that too. I've done the Suhr which I think is 650pf and 180k in parallel and that's good for a balanced guitar as well.

Back