Tonal Balance Control from Izotope

fretworn

Rock Star
Anyone use this tool?

I just realized I have it for free somehow… Probably part of a bundle… Seems crazy powerful to place on your final bus and then link it back to ozone10’s dynamic EQ controls for an objective reference on your mix.

Apparently it also looks at the crest factor on your bass mix as well, to determine if it’s too compressed or not enough.

🤔

IMG_2267.jpeg

I think this is helping find stuff I missed somehow

Just dialed in a much better bass eq … I think

My mix vs their ML of thousands of genre specific successful EQ masters.

It's part of the Advanced bundle. I have it but, haven't had a chance to use it yet.

I appreciate the preview and context for usage.

I have it also, and like you don't know where I got it. I have the 32 bit mastering essentials pack. Mine is the one below and yes I use it on the Master Bus.

1693109742074.png

I don't have or use this but this overall EQ curve thing is interesting:

You wouldn't be surprised if I told you modern mastering sounds the same because they follow the same average curve.
I found that an average curve with 4db Slope should be about flat between 40Hz and 3kHz with a gradual treble slope down from 3kHz on.

Here you can see 2020 Lamb of Good and 2008 In Flames share the same mastering curve, the albums are 12 years apart.
Your track required extreme correction to match that, that's after compressing below 90Hz (kick) so I can boost the very quiet "bass guitar".

View attachment 3922

I stopped using it regularly because I noticed after using Neutron and Ozone on all my stuff it already puts everything into the zones. Whatever reference ranges they are using, their other mixes tools are guiding it into those ranges. Still cool to see if you’re at the extreme edge of the ranges though, and I’d guess it would be really useful if metering against a mix not using Neutron or Ozone.

I stopped using it regularly because I noticed after using Neutron and Ozone on all my stuff it already puts everything into the zones. Whatever reference ranges they are using, their other mixes tools are guiding it into those ranges. Still cool to see if you’re at the extreme edge of the ranges though, and I’d guess it would be really useful if metering against a mix not using Neutron or Ozone.

Yes, sculptor/neutron and ozone do use similar curves. It’s quite possible it’s redundant. Baby steps for me. 👍

Back