To hell with lightweight

I've been looking at stuff like this too....if you want tube... just buy a neutral power section decent tube head, and run into the return. That's the most cost effective tube option.

Old Carvins are perfect and cheap and loud.

You can get 2 or 3 for that price ...run stereo or wdw!

carvin-x100b.jpg

I've been looking at stuff like this too....if you want tube... just buy a neutral power section decent tube head, and run into the return. That's the most cost effective tube option.

Old Carvins are perfect and cheap and loud.

You can get 2 or 3 for that price ...run stereo or wdw!

View attachment 26750
For sure efx return is the most cost effective. Egnaters, peaveys, old L6 combos with Bogner sections, Bogner alchemist, Engl ..all super affordable amps with loops and great powersections.

I’m gonna be sensible…first try the Thiele a couple of months with what I got…and then maybe opt in for something more convenient. (Got a Mesa 20/20, Engl 50/50 or a Laney studio IRT head…not too shabby…but all stuff that needs to go in a rack (softcase)…and planning to sell those)

If you’ll allow plugging into a return of head/combo….plenty ;)

Mooer tube engine…around 350 retail.
Plenty affordable stereo powersections on the used market…Mesa/peavey 50/50, Engl goes cheap also.
The Mooer is 20W iirc, but true, used Mesa/Peavey/Engl heads are plenty and often cheap.

I was thinking about something in a similar format to the KSR PA50, but not 20W.

I'm fine using my Katana 100W head if need be, I guess that was just my usual GAS thinking out loud. 😁

Back