This is what I've been up to..

DrewJD82

Staff member
And why I've been absent the last couple challenges.

I strongly recommend listening to the Dropbox version over the Soundcloud version because holy f*cking f*ckstick Batman, Soundcloud is brutal. I don't know how I didn't recognize it before but it's about half as loud as the Dropbox version and the cymbals are just fried. Regardless, here's both links for those who don't care bout all dat-

The song isn't exactly new, I wrote the music/lyrics 10 years ago and was even playing it in a band at one point but was never able to record it how I thought it should have sounded. I released a version of it 5-6 years ago but it really isn't great. I always felt the chorus was a strong one and I was proud of the territory I got into vocally with the chorus so I didn't want to abandon the song.

Guitars were both the Edwards and Orville LP's, it's quad tracked with each guitar on each side, I think I used the IIC++ for everything but the solo, which was a Mark IV. (In the Fractal) The 2nd half the solo is the original take from when I recorded it 5 years ago, it's the Mark IV in Amplitube with my JEM. Hahaha I could NOT play that part on a f*cking Les Paul no matter how hard I tried and the original was fine, so I left it.
And there's a Strat in the chorus, I think with an AC30 and some trem on it but I can't remember, it could have been any low-gain amp.

This was the first or second song I did after teaching myself how to use Logic, so I have an excuse for some of the cringe I feel listening to this.

Last edited:

I strongly recommend listening to the Dropbox version over the Soundcloud version because holy f*cking f*ckstick Batman, Soundcloud is brutal. I don't know how I didn't recognize it before but it's about half as loud as the Dropbox version and the cymbals are just fried. Regardless, here's both links for those who don't care bout all dat-

The song isn't exactly new, I wrote the music/lyrics 10 years ago and was even playing it in a band at one point but was never able to record it how I thought it should have sounded. I released a version of it 5-6 years ago but it really isn't great. I always felt the chorus was a strong one and I was proud of the territory I got into vocally with the chorus so I didn't want to abandon the song.

Guitars were both the Edwards and Orville LP's, it's quad tracked with each guitar on each side, I think I used the IIC++ for everything but the solo, which was a Mark IV. (In the Fractal) The 2nd half the solo is the original take from when I recorded it 5 years ago, it's the Mark IV in Amplitube with my JEM. Hahaha I could NOT play that part on a f*cking Les Paul no matter how hard I tried and the original was fine, so I left it.
And there's a Strat in the chorus, I think with an AC30 and some trem on it but I can't remember, it could have been any low-gain amp.

This was the first or second song I did after teaching myself how to use Logic, so I have an excuse for some of the cringe I feel listening to this.

Very nice! You have a Ripper Owens tonality to your scream-sing voice :satan

Fucking A, Man! :rawk

headbang GIF

I need to add that it is really ballsy to post both the new and old version. I love them both. :chef

That Chorus is Cash Money!!

200.gif

I need to add that it is really ballsy to post both the new and old version. I love them both. :chef

That Chorus is Cash Money!!

200.gif

I think it’s helpful for people to see the progress rather than the just the final result. I wish I still had the Garageband version of this kicking around that I recorded 10 years ago when I was recording vocals through a Line 6 Guitar Port. :rofl

I think it’s helpful for people to see the progress rather than the just the final result. I wish I still had the Garageband version of this kicking around that I recorded 10 years ago when I was recording vocals through a Line 6 Guitar Port. :rofl

That's cool.
Not as intimate as you with the contents of both/either.... but I can hear things in each that I love. Muchly. :beer

Man, I loved that. Songwriting, riffage, vocals, layering of parts and production, all great. Love the stereo pinch harmonics at the end of the verses. I hear a little Mastodon in the ascending riff in the chorus, super cool. I noticed the piano right away, when it came in, love that you ended with it.

Really enjoyable, very impressed!

Last edited:
Back