Thinkin' about a mono - dreadbox hades?

Boudoir Guitar

Rock Star
Currently have the complete Arturia V Collection. Even though I use an Arturia key lab mk II to control it...would like to have a hardware, analog monosynth for better hands on tactile experience and because analog. Will be running this into my Helix Rack, which is my main audio interface, so built-in effects are not at all important. Would prefer to stay under $400, definitely under $600. Prefer module of some sort with no keyboard. I COULD go eurorack even, given that my key lab mk Ii has CV outs as well as MIDI.

Dreadbox Hades is currently leading contender. Behringer also has a few options, but the ergonomics of their $350 and under boxes look questionable?

Dreadbox is very good company with a strong sound. Hades is mostly focused as a bass synth similar to the Moog Minitaur. A better more wide ranging sound would be from the Dreadbox Erebus.

Dreadbox is very good company with a strong sound. Hades is mostly focused as a bass synth similar to the Moog Minitaur. A better more wide ranging sound would be from the Dreadbox Erebus.
The Erebus gives you two oscillators you can independently choose wave-type for and can independently tune; has triangle wave as an option; has an echo; and can play paraphonically (guessing two note limit?). Anything else I'm missing?

I kinda prefer having two subs and less flexibility for this purpose...and haven't looked at price of Erebus but assume it's a little more.

The Erebus gives you two oscillators you can independently choose wave-type for and can independently tune; has triangle wave as an option; has an echo; and can play paraphonically (guessing two note limit?). Anything else I'm missing?

I kinda prefer having two subs and less flexibility for this purpose...and haven't looked at price of Erebus but assume it's a little more.

Erebus also has more patch points. It's about $100 more. The Hades subs more/less useful depending on your musical style.

Back