There’s a new Tone Master out!!!

metropolis_4

Shredder
Oh… it’s a black panel Princeton reverb. Yay.

droopy.gif

out-of-gas-deflated.gif

I'm waiting for the Tonemaster Fender 75...No, no I'm not. That amp needs to stay where it is in the depths of hell where it belongs. :satan

Seriously, I can’t think of a more boring choice given they’ve already done a Deluxe, Twin and Super black panel reverb.

I pretty much agree with you; it is a boring choice.

But I dunno...

A TMPR is exactly what many people on _that other forum_ have been continually asking for, isn't it?

This is also based on one of Fender's best selling tube amps of all time. So really this just about maximising business and sales - and Fender is a business, after all. 🤷‍♂️

A super light '59 Bassman 4x10 ... or a HPTT might have been cool, though.

Last edited:
It’s got an effects loop because it’s digital and this is totally possible, right? Wait. You mean they came out with a high tech amp and DIDN’T put a goddamn loop in it? Again?

Also weird that they didn't simply set the full available power output at 25w or something, given that would be just so easy to do - especially if they're using the same ICEpower module as the TMDR.

Fender seem bizarrely obstinate about these sorts of details.

Would be nice if they had a rep frequent forums like some other brands so we could get answers / explanations for some of these asinine decisions lol.

Would be nice if they had a rep frequent forums like some other brands so we could get answers / explanations for some of these asinine decisions lol.

Member "stilwel" is that guy over at TGP. He's a Fender employee and IIRC he worked on or was at least associated with the Tone Master stuff.

Occasionally he'll open up about some decisions and he definitely listens to feedback. Unsurprisingly, he is usually silent about controversial stuff; but he pretty much reads everything written about the Tone Masters over there. I've just checked and he's commenting on the PRTR stuff today.

Member "stilwel" is that guy over at TGP. He's a Fender employee and IIRC he worked on or was at least associated with the Tone Master stuff.

Occasionally he'll open up about some decisions and he definitely listens to feedback. Unsurprisingly, he is usually silent about controversial stuff; but he pretty much reads everything written over there.
Oh wow. I missed that. That’s pretty cool.

Back