The Suhr Bella saga: It's back! šŸ¤¦

@Stratzrus A lot of Mike Herman's videos use the Bella as a clean pedal platform to showcase pedals.

This is not Jazz, but I think his recent tribute to Jeff Beck is a decent example of the Bella's voice (with a Gladio SC):

Last edited:
@Stratzrus A lot of Mike Herman's videos use the Bella as a clean pedal platform to showcase pedals.

This is not Jazz, but I think his recent tribute to Jeff Beck is a decent example of the Bella's voice (with a Gladio SC):

Nice tone with a full bottom end. It should be fine for Jazz.

The Bella is very round, full and warm. My guess is that it could be great for Jazz, depending upon what your Jazz sub-genre is.

Depends how much pick attack you want for your style, I suppose - you might need to soften pick attack with some compression because the Bella can be a little stiff - that's part of its no-flub guarantee. I don't know much about playing Jazz, though - although I do appreciate listening to it.

I do a lot of playing using my thumb and index finger instead of a pick when I'm playing Jazz. That softens the attack substantially.

I do a lot of playing using my thumb and index finger instead of a pick when I'm playing Jazz. That softens the attack substantially.

Ah of course. See how "jazz amateur" I am! I'd already forgotten that playing jazz with fingers is a common approach **smacks forehead**

Crosslinking to the end of my Bella Saga (for now) on another thread.

New cab and I'm so pleased with the sound of the Neo V-Type in a Vumble cab. Can't believe I've been on such a convoluted journey with this amp and let it go at one point.

Amp redemption is REAL, people!

Also, perhaps I just never knew how to dial it in.

Back