The other green pedal

Stone

Rock Star
So i see on FAS forum many there are asking for a Nobels ODR-1
isn't that like a favorite for country music OD?

shopping

So i see on FAS forum many there are asking for a Nobels ODR-1
isn't that like a favorite for country music OD?

shopping

I built one a while ago on an aionfx pcb. It's a really great pedal tbh, especially with the optional bass pot mod on the aion version. At the stock settings ai found it pretty much unusable due to the amount of bass and needed to cut quite a bit. The newer versions have a bass cut but it's a preset value without any additional control.

I don't know quite why it's a country favorite.

Basically it's a drive pedal with a unique tone control, labeled Spectrum. Turn it anticlockwise from noon and it will accentuate mids. Turn it clockwise and it will accentuate highs and lows instead.

I think it's enough of a classic to warrant adding it to Fractal, but you could do some of the things it does with a Tube Screamer just fine.

Basically it's a drive pedal with a unique tone control, labeled Spectrum. Turn it anticlockwise from noon and it will accentuate mids. Turn it clockwise and it will accentuate highs and lows instead.

I think it's enough of a classic to warrant adding it to Fractal, but you could do some of the things it does with a Tube Screamer just fine.
So its just the other green pedal :D

It’s a cool pedal. I don’t know why I don’t have one, tbh. I do prefer it to TS pedals. At some point it became a “country favorite”, and I have no idea why it would be more preferable for a given genre than any other drive pedal, but whatever. Wampler makes a clone of it too, which is cool. The one I liked a lot was the Browne Protein, which puts one into a BB-type circuit.

Another one to try is the Clay Jones OD, which is a variation of a TS that sounds (IMO) much better. FunctionFX makes a sweet clone.

Where are you from that you say "anticlockwise?"

It’s a great pedal! Not just popular among country players, there are tons of players using them.

I think one of the reasons it is so popular with country players is because it works so well with Telecasters.

It’s not a “country” pedal, it’s just popular with session guitarists in Nashville largely because Tom Bukovac turned a lot of people there on to it years ago and it stuck.

It’s an overdrive that does a pretty good job of sounding like an amp breaking up and it doesn’t roll off bass like a lot of overdrive circuits or hype the mids too much. It’s not a pedal with a recognizable sound really, hard to tell it apart from an overdriving amp which is sort of the point.

D

It’s not a “country” pedal, it’s just popular with session guitarists in Nashville largely because Tom Bukovac turned a lot of people there on to it years ago and it stuck.

It’s an overdrive that does a pretty good job of sounding like an amp breaking up and it doesn’t roll off bass like a lot of overdrive circuits or hype the mids too much. It’s not a pedal with a recognizable sound really, hard to tell it apart from an overdriving amp which is sort of the point.

D

Also Jerry Donahue. Or was he one of the ones Tom Bukovac turned on to it?

That actually sounds like a cool tone control depending on how you're using the pedal. The Orange Dark Terror has a tone knob like that and I found it really useable for a one knob setup.

Maybe we will see it in a Future Fractal update :idk
A few on the FAS forum have offered to send their own to send to Cliff

Back