The Music Biz & Van Halen

Between Monk and Hagar's books there's a fair amount of insight into Eddie and Alex' nativity when it came to money. It's unfortunate Michael caught the shit end of the stick a lot of times and it was surely easy for managers and agents pocketing a lot of that money to point at the bass player and say "He's just the bass player, they shouldn't even get a percent per string!"

Between Monk and Hagar's books there's a fair amount of insight into Eddie and Alex' nativity when it came to money. It's unfortunate Michael caught the shit end of the stick a lot of times and it was surely easy for managers and agents pocketing a lot of that money to point at the bass player and say "He's just the bass player, they shouldn't even get a percent per string!"

I have Monk's book; highly recommended reading!

I have Monk's book; highly recommended reading!

A few year's back I was visiting the in-laws for the holidays and mentioned to my father in law I was reading it on my ipad, he asked me who it was by and then asks, "Do you prefer the iPad or physical books?" and fortunately, told him I still prefer physical books. He laughed the next day (Christmas) while handing it to me all wrapped up and said "Hey, at least I know how to shop for ya!"

Back