The more I research the Amped 3 the more I want one.

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Really getting more and more tempted. The one thing holding me back is running a speaker cable all the way back to my cab behind me. I have seen some folks have their amp in front of them on a tilted stand. Never tried it. That's a possibility though I guess. Also not all that thrilled with controls at my feet. being 54 years old I am not nearly as flexible as I used to be..well then there's the whole beer belly in the way thing.

Decisions decisions..

No Way Comedy GIF by CBC

Nothing stops you from putting the Amped 3 on top of your cab like any amp head. I've used my BluGuitar Amp 1 ME like this plenty of times, otherwise it's on my pedalboard.

The good thing about these types of amps is that even if someone trips over the speaker cable, it doesn't mean your amp breaks like you might get on a tube amp. They can handle it.

For me the main thing keeping me away is that it's Blackstar. They don't have a particularly good track record for support when people have had difficulty getting schematics for their tube amps to get them repaired etc. Everything I've tried from them has been "ok" sounding at best.

Nothing stops you from putting the Amped 3 on top of your cab like any amp head. I've used my BluGuitar Amp 1 ME like this plenty of times, otherwise it's on my pedalboard.

The good thing about these types of amps is that even if someone trips over the speaker cable, it doesn't mean your amp breaks like you might get on a tube amp. They can handle it.

For me the main thing keeping me away is that it's Blackstar. They don't have a particularly good track record for support when people have had difficulty getting schematics for their tube amps to get them repaired etc. Everything I've tried from them has been "ok" sounding at best.

They do tend to be dark sounding. I have to use a TS9 with the tone and level cranked for the gain channel(s) I had a HT Club 50 MKI and a HT5 Metal at one point.

Really getting more and more tempted. The one thing holding me back is running a speaker cable all the way back to my cab behind me. I have seen some folks have their amp in front of them on a tilted stand. Never tried it. That's a possibility though I guess. Also not all that thrilled with controls at my feet. being 54 years old I am not nearly as flexible as I used to be..well then there's the whole beer belly in the way thing.

Decisions decisions..
youreold.jpg

I'll admit it, the Amped 2 has peaked my interest. I've never tried any of Blackstar's products fwiw.
Depending on what you are trying to achieve, the amped 2 has some great qualities. That being said, the inability to save presets on the board itself was kind of a turn off for me. I had one for all of 2 days before sending it back. Out of the box though, the tones are really good, it just wasn't the right fit for me.

Depending on what you are trying to achieve, the amped 2 has some great qualities. That being said, the inability to save presets on the board itself was kind of a turn off for me. I had one for all of 2 days before sending it back. Out of the box though, the tones are really good, it just wasn't the right fit for me.
Yeah, I've been a little back and forth with each. Mainly I'd be using for practice, recording, something easy to travel with, etc. Presets is not necessarily needed although that is a nice option.
Do you know if the gain structures are the same between units? Seems like the 3 is being pushed more to the metal players so wasn't sure.

Yeah the Amped 2 is the one that interests me the most. I have a Bluguitar Amp1 that I love but having the built-in effects would make it a real all-in-one backup for me.

Yeah, I've been a little back and forth with each. Mainly I'd be using for practice, recording, something easy to travel with, etc. Presets is not necessarily needed although that is a nice option.
Do you know if the gain structures are the same between units? Seems like the 3 is being pushed more to the metal players so wasn't sure.
There are different voice options between the amped 2 and the amped 3 for US, UK, and a blackstar "classic on the amped 2. My issue is they all had shared eq which I found wasn't great for switching back and forth (hence the reason the amped 3 saveable presets were more my thing) But the drive selection on the amped 2 had really good tones out of the box without having to add any additional pedals.
I tried using a midi controller In tandem with the amped 2, but again ran into shared controllers even with the wet effects too.

Pros for me were definitely the out of the box tones and the onboard tuner.
Cons definitely fell on the option for quick changes if your playing with it live.

I like the options on the AMPED 3 for live gigging and I definitely see what you mean about them marketing it more to metal players. But I don't think that it is limited to just that type of sound. I'll have a better idea when I get mine and can start messing with it.

Back