The Gear Forum Home Pizza Thread

It might actually be pizzaless pizza :wat
Love And Hip Hop Reaction GIF by VH1

My wife used to be vegan (bless her heart), and we'd eat those gluten free, meatless, cheeseless pizzas...
There was only one that I liked, can't remember the brand though.

Ok, quick-decision-pizza-day today. No more ready dough in the fridge or freezer, so today it's gonna be a tad more yeast and just 2 hours at room temperature, 2-3 hours in the fridge (even if some people recommend to skip the fridge in case you don't have at least over night to keep it there) and another hours for the then made balls to "wake up". No pizza stone, either, too much energy waste for what will just be two pizzas.
Will try to remember to take photos.

Btw, I ended up going for a sacrilege on the last pizza. I used a rolling pin! And guess what? It turned out to be just great. Dough was still pretty fluffy but not just as blown up as to mess with the toppings (which happened to me the time before). I think if you use a rolling pin and then allow the dough to rest for 10 more minutes or so, it'll just "recover" nicely. And well, I remember one famous NYC pizza dude using one as too.

A Sicilian friend has an outdoor wood fired oven and always uses a rolling pin for his pies. Some of the
best Pizza I have had anywhere. :idk I think that's why people all over the Planet love Pizza so much. You
can do whatever you want. So versatile.

Oh La Szum. You must know by now: We never blame the chef.

We initiate a faulty thermostat investigation. Westinghouse heads will roll.

I went to tend to my parents today for a few hours, and my Mom shows me Dinner Rolls that looked
like some funky biscuits. She had been harping on me about making them, and I said last night, "We'll
get all the ingredients at the store and do that this coming week."

She clearly jumped the gun! I asked her why they looked so different?

She said, "I don't know. I followed the recipe? :idk

I asked, "Exactly?"

"Well, I didn't have any Milk so I used Coffee Mate Creamer instead."

French Vanilla no less. :LOL:

Back