That time I covered a euro dance song and turned it into metal! (Video)

FAKA!

Roadie
Since that "Is Glenn right" thread is literally blowing the fck up, I figured now is a good time to share a cover I did for one of SMG's/Glenn's contest back in July 2020. This was actually a lot of fun but also a lot of work. I asked my sister that lives in W. Virginia (I'm in Hawaii) to sing on it cause she can actually sing... the problem was she had no gear or a computer or tablet etc. and was way the fck around the globe. All she had was her Samsung phone and her samsung wired earbuds.

So I sent her my rough tracks, and she did a few takes using the built in voice recorder app and I just cut em all up and rearranged them and was kinda surprised how well they came out after throwing a bunch of plugins at it. Anyway sharing for those interested, enjoy!

Since that "Is Glenn right" thread is literally blowing the fck up, I figured now is a good time to share a cover I did for one of SMG's/Glenn's contest back in July 2020. This was actually a lot of fun but also a lot of work. I asked my sister that lives in W. Virginia (I'm in Hawaii) to sing on it cause she can actually sing... the problem was she had no gear or a computer or tablet etc. and was way the fck around the globe. All she had was her Samsung phone and her samsung wired earbuds.

So I sent her my rough tracks, and she did a few takes using the built in voice recorder app and I just cut em all up and rearranged them and was kinda surprised how well they came out after throwing a bunch of plugins at it. Anyway sharing for those interested, enjoy!

Holy shit! That’s awesome!
will ferrel jim carrey GIF

Thanks guys! I really the liked the concept of turning a crappy song into something else. Definitely channeled my inner Metallica for this lol.

I‘ve been tortured with this stuff in my teenage years. I feel nothing but pure, riotous hatred for euro dance.
I feel the same way about "Jawaiian" music here in Hawaii... sometime in the early 90's Hawaiian music was fused with Reggae and became this thing called Jawaiian which is also called island music. I like reggae, and I like traditional Hawaiian music but I can't stand fkn jawaiian... :bag

Jawaiian is the stinking fish stigma that you will be tarred with and expected to lick the balls of at all times here...I barf in its direction (and then end up playing shred leads on it for Distrokid splits :))

Back