TGF YouTube channel?

Dude, we’re connected mentally, I swear.

I’ve had it in my head all day that I’m getting my drink on tonight as it’s been a while, a minute ago I was walking up a hallway and it popped in my head “I should livestream from my living room and see if there’s any interaction from the forum…..maybe I should make a YouTube channel for the forum”

This would be pretty cool, me thinks. There’d be some things to work out in regards to members creating content and the channel reaching a point where it could make an income, I think it’d be in everyone’s best interest to sort that out before anything else. Though I do see some bands adding their fan’s cover vids to their own channel via playlist, so maybe we could do it like that?

I’m not familiar enough with how that aspect of YouTube works, so any info on that is appreciated!

^^ That's really the only thing I am interested anymore. The world is drowning in gear demos and reviews. Not exactly
getting in on the ground floor anymore in that arena. Why not be original in some other way. Besides, with the increasing
$$$ involved in "fair and unbiased" gear demos that shit needs to be undressed a little and mocked for a lot of the nonsense
it is. :whistle

I’d like to think if we made a TGF channel it would take on the vibe of this place, where we can jump from on-topic/serious to off the rails/goofy and back again several times throughout the same thread. No reason gear videos can’t be like that as well.

And kinda of like our “Screw you guys, we’re going to make our own forum” start to this place, I don’t see why that can’t work for gear videos just the same. Why let a popular YouTuber lend doubt to the transparency of a review when you can watch a member you interact with daily here do a review? Members who regularly interact can be more than welcome to have a gear demo/review on the TGF channel and people who come here just trying to get into the channel never pass Go unless they actually interact regularly, keeping it contained to actual TGF members.

Is This Thing On Bob GIF by Redbrick

What a surprise that YouTube makes ya jump through hoops to just livestream!

I have enough subscribers to start one, but only 25 can view at a time, which will probably work out fine to start. To have unlimited viewers you need 1K+ subs…..hahahah, I’m at 100. :rofl

The world is drowning in gear demos and reviews. Not exactly
getting in on the ground floor anymore in that arena.
Eh, sorta right but not really, I'd say 90% of "reviews" are just demos, not reviews. Everything is great, beautiful and awesome. I want to hear what's bad and ugly! Very little really honest review channels out there. If this channel would be in the spirit of forum "we don't give a flying duck about anything and say it like it is", it could be interesting.
But I agree that getting a big traction is a lot harder than many may think, being a Youtuber is a job.

Last edited:
What a surprise that YouTube makes ya jump through hoops to just livestream!

I have enough subscribers to start one, but only 25 can view at a time, which will probably work out fine to start. To have unlimited viewers you need 1K+ subs…..hahahah, I’m at 100. :rofl

2001 a space odyssey GIF

The Algorithm… you must grow and expand

I don't know. Can you shill like Schull and yell like Fricker?

Can we use AI to come up with the "guy screaming at something" faces for the thumbnails?

I don't know. Can you shill like Schull and yell like Fricker?

Can we use AI to come up with the "guy screaming at something" faces for the thumbnails?
There's a recent Leo Gibson video where he uses an AI Leo to read that week's gear news. It's actually (perhaps unintentionally) hilarious :rofl

Back