TGF Do Something Challenge 2024 - Season Two - Week Two

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
8psm0m.jpg

Welcome to Week Two of the second season of the 2024 Do Something Challenge

Week One saw lots of entrants, lots of music and lots of "shizzle" whatever that is...

Without further adieu...
mainly because we ran out of adieu because someone who shall remain nameless >cough< @LiveeviL2000 >cough< forgot to put in the weekly adieu order

Congratulations are in order for all the hardy men and women who have taken up their gear and sally forthed into battle - creating songs, soundtracks and the occasional cheeky limerick!

8psnn6.jpg

Here is the current list of noble entrants:
ORIGINALS
@PLX - 7!!!!
@Whizzinby - 3
@FuzzyAce - 2
@Iron1 - 1
@LiveeviL2000 - 1
@spawnofthesith - 1
@Alex Kenivel - 2
@dbagchee - 1
@Sleezy E - 1

COVERS

Zip

8psmzh.jpg

LEADS
Zilch

Bandmate Champions
Nada

Everyone else on TGF combined:

8psluf.jpg

What will it take to get more people on TGF involved? Surely out of the hundreds (thousands?) of actual participants on these forums, there are more than a dozen or so who can actually play their gear? If all you do is talk about it, does it actually exist? Is your guitar dustier than your keyboard? Do you thumbs have callouses from texting while your fingertips are pristine? Are there other annoying queries we can ask around this topic??!

The answer to this and other burning questions (like: what is that burning I'm questioning in my shorts?) are yearning for answers! Stop Forum-Flexing about your gear knowledge and Do Something with it!

8psn9d.gif

Imagine if you will, getting turned back at the Pearly Gates and being cast down to The Hot Place. There is a background playing, on loop, which serves to maximize your punishments and discomfort, (probably for your internet history).

Submitted this a few days ago for another "creative happening" similar to TGFs "Do Something" event for a "Hell's Muzak" challenge.

Awesome pile of entries so far. Love it! Really hope this season sets a record for most entrants in TGF history!

Also:

When you post your entry please begin the post by stating which category applies: Original Track, Cover Song or Guitar Solo.

"Guitar Solo"

:farley

Canned Drums
Fake Bass
Korean Dean ML with Jalen® "Fair Warning" pickup
Dumble® Overdrive Special clone preamp I made with help from the good people over at TehAmpGarage.com (you know who you are :cool:)
running into home-made JCM-800 power section via passive loop > home-made reactive load box/line out > ReaperDAW
Deelay (Sixth Sample Audio®) bright hall reverb plugin

I feel like I'm a bit late to the party and ready to claim my trophy for last place but here's a quick tune I recorded tonight.
Standard E metal which I haven't played in a while! Rough mix, rough solo and basic structure etc. but I'm fairly happy with it :D
#original4lyfe

Back