Technical question on capturing my acoustic guitar sound.

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
I would really love to emulate my Acoustic/Electric guitars amplified sound with my GP-10. Would it be safe to assume I could get really close by freezing it's eq profile with my mixer and then trying to match it with post eq'? I wouldnt know the first thing about creating an IR so thats probably out. Just wondering if I could get at least close to it. I like some of the acoustic sounds in the GP-10 but my A/E guitar just really does it for me when I have to use it. Any other tips one might have?

Just trying to make it so I dont have to bring the A/E with me to gigs if I dont have to.

If you can record a couple dry DI clips of your electric guitar and your acoustic/electric, I can make a matching IR for you and you can try it. No idea how well it'll work but it would be fun to try.

For each guitar, a clip of strumming all the strings, starting from the open ones and then going fret-by-fret up to the 12th should be good enough. Make sure you take note of the knob settings on your electric, because they'll need to be in the same position for the matching IR to work when you use it.

If you can record a couple dry DI clips of your electric guitar and your acoustic/electric, I can make a matching IR for you and you can try it. No idea how well it'll work but it would be fun to try.

For each guitar, a clip of strumming all the strings, starting from the open ones and then going fret-by-fret up to the 12th should be good enough. Make sure you take note of the knob settings on your electric, because they'll need to be in the same position for the matching IR to work when you use it.
Cool. Yeah I could do that. That would be great

Just wondering if I could get at least close to it.
In my mind it’s pulling grass to make it grow faster. You get it to a point where it’s recognizable as “I think this is supposed to be an acoustic sound”…but that’s it.
Check Yamaha silent guitars…those are great!

Have you tried any of the various acoustic IRs floating around? Honestly I’ve heard some clips of electric guitars using those IRs and thought they sounded better than most electric acoustics I’ve had experiences with.

Have you tried any of the various acoustic IRs floating around? Honestly I’ve heard some clips of electric guitars using those IRs and thought they sounded better than most electric acoustics I’ve had experiences with.

I have some Taylor IR's kicking around somewhere. I havent tried them in this set up yet.

Back