Strymon Power jack Repair, would anyone elsee repair this besides Strymon?

My Big Sky needs a new power jack, its gotten very loose over time. It will work sometimes but it has to be JUST right. Strymon will repair it for $125 plus shipping in 10- business days. So I am just shopping around to see if anyone knows of another option.

If it just needs the jack to be replaced, you could just open it up and easily solder in a new part.

You can see how to tear down the pedal here:

You only have to take out the footswitches to get to the main board. The jack should be just a few obvious solder joints. Finding the right replacement jack might be a bigger ordeal.

If it just needs the jack to be replaced, you could just open it up and easily solder in a new part.

You can see how to tear down the pedal here:

You only have to take out the footswitches to get to the main board. The jack should be just a few obvious solder joints. Finding the right replacement jack might be a bigger ordeal.

Let me see if Strymon will share that information or sell me one. I am not finding it online.

FWIW, recently I had my Strymon Ojai "fixed" - the power in socket had broken, but the power THRU connection was fine. So we opened it up and swapped the components around. It works perfectly, and I never need the THRU on it.

Just an FYI in case any one else runs into this issue,

Alchemy Audio will fix it for $60 an hr ( $30 min bench fee + parts) in 5-7 days. I will report back to the total. I have jack so it shouldn't be too much in parts. Plus shipping of course.

That seems much better than $125+Shipping in 10-20 days from Strymon. I could do it myself but the desoldering gun is $40-$50 from amazon, so the small amount of extra money to have a pro do it on my favorite pedal makes sense to me.

Total including shipping both ways was around $60 ($30 bench fee, no parts cost since I had them, $15 shipping each way). They had it shipped back to within about 2 business days ( got there Friday, and it was shipped out Monday).

Alchemy Audio also gave me a David Roach (Junkyard) Rock Card as a little bonus ( I didn't realize these existed). So I would definitely recommend AA for repairs. Great expierence

Back