Strat Prog Metal

metropolis_4

Shredder
@DrewJD82 totally inspired by your thread, but I didn't want to hijack it with my own clip!

I thought it would be fun to do a quick recording of a traditional Strat doing some Dream Theater. This is a MIM SSS Strat, Area 61 in the bridge (used for all tracks). Everything recorded with an HX Stomp.

(Crappy GarageBand iPad recording and sequenced drums)

I'd have never known that was an SSS Strat. Sounded great! (And one of my favorite DT songs from one of my favorite albums.)

Hell yeah!!! :headbang

For being Garageband that came out pretty slick!!

Back in high school, my two best friends and I were the backup band for these talent shows our choir teacher put on each year and he’d let us play a song or two of our own. He knew we were metal heads and wanted us to pick something upbeat because ALL the kids were picking ballads. First year we did the Once In A Livetime version of “Peruvian Skies” with the “Have A Cigar” and “Enter Sandman” breaks……we might as well have dosed the whole audience with sleeping pills. :roflChoir teacher came up to us after and said “I hear you guys playing thrash metal every morning I walk into the school and you picked THAT to wake them up?!?“ :ROFLMAO:

We at least saved face by playing “Damned Blue Collared Tweakers” for the 2nd song and the next year we were smart and did “Sweet Emotion” for a room full of boomer-aged people, that went over much better.

@DrewJD82 totally inspired by your thread, but I didn't want to hijack it with my own clip!

I thought it would be fun to do a quick recording of a traditional Strat doing some Dream Theater. This is a MIM SSS Strat, Area 61 in the bridge (used for all tracks). Everything recorded with an HX Stomp.

(Crappy GarageBand iPad recording and sequenced drums)

Very nice brother!

Very nice brother!

Thanks! :beer

Hell yeah!!! :headbang

For being Garageband that came out pretty slick!!

Back in high school, my two best friends and I were the backup band for these talent shows our choir teacher put on each year and he’d let us play a song or two of our own. He knew we were metal heads and wanted us to pick something upbeat because ALL the kids were picking ballads. First year we did the Once In A Livetime version of “Peruvian Skies” with the “Have A Cigar” and “Enter Sandman” breaks……we might as well have dosed the whole audience with sleeping pills. :roflChoir teacher came up to us after and said “I hear you guys playing thrash metal every morning I walk into the school and you picked THAT to wake them up?!?“ :ROFLMAO:

We at least saved face by playing “Damned Blue Collared Tweakers” for the 2nd song and the next year we were smart and did “Sweet Emotion” for a room full of boomer-aged people, that went over much better.

I love that Once in a Livetime version!

My favorite story of that song is back in high school we had a friend who went to a Mormon church and he asked us to play a dance at their church. Somehow we talked him into throwing that song into the set. When we played it there was a sea of confused faces out there staring at us, but we thought it was awesome :headbang

Now that I’m writing that I feel like you and I have traded those stories before, I’m getting a strong feeling of deja vu :unsure::rofl

Thanks! :beer

I love that Once in a Livetime version!

My favorite story of that song is back in high school we had a friend who went to a Mormon church and he asked us to play a dance at their church. Somehow we talked him into throwing that song into the set. When we played it there was a sea of confused faces out there staring at us, but we thought it was awesome :headbang

Now that I’m writing that I feel like you and I have traded those stories before, I’m getting a strong feeling of deja vu :unsure::rofl

As I read yours I thought the same thing!! :rofl

Back