Squier HSS Strat Pickups & Electronics Upgrade

deepskyone

Roadie
Hi folks,

I have been thinking about getting rid of my first guitar, a Squier HSS Affinity Strat. But I have come to the conclusion that I will keep it, because I have already invested into upgrades and it plays quite nicely in its current state. Also, having an HSS Strat in the house does not hurt and it would be a nice first guitar for my boys when they are old enough. The electronics and pickups are still crap, though.

Any suggestions for some new pups and other parts that don't break the bank?

I already tried installing an aftermarket preloaded pickguard from Fender once but that does not work because the body and routing are too shallow and the 5-way switch did not fit...

Don’t go cheap on pots and switches. Cts and a Crl switch. The best budget pickup by far are Tonerider, they also have a decent range of options.

I've had good experience with Irongear pickups here in the UK - here's a pic of a Squier Classic Vibe with a Wilkinson trem and Irongear steamhammer bridge pickup - probably on par with something like GFS pickups. Definitely will be an update to compared to the stock pickups
1726503552209.jpg

Back