Speaking of you know someone shouldn't be doing something. Dangerous question about the Badlander.

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
Wondering aloud. @paisleywookiee chime in and whoever else.

My cabclone is not working. Again. It's not me.

Could I plug the Badlander into my Behringer DI WITHOUT PLUGGING IT INTO MY CABINET and take a line out from the Behringer back into my interface for a ToneX capture? The BL has a built in load. But I am wondering if plugging a speaker cable into the speaker out will disable the amp load detection and cause me trouble?

Inquiring minds and all that. I'll sign up for those 30 minute lessons later

:rollsafe

Ewww..... sounds risky, and a way to make the Cab Clone not working part of the amp spread to the rest of the amp. :wat

I feel like you can't help but Rube Goldberg any and all rigs in your vicinity. :idk
Customization
:farley

Edited for I think you're right on making the sickness spread. The $299 deal suddenly morphed out into the "$700 with a load box that I shouldn't need special" :hmm :rofl

INTERIOR SCENE, DAY:

La Szum:
I feel like you can't help but Rube Goldberg any and all rigs in your vicinity

JiveTurkey:
Uh... Nooo. What are you getting at?

SOUND EFFECT: Domestic toaster

2 slices of fresh toast pop up behind JT from slots in the top of his Badlander. Boiled eggs roll out on a little metal track from an opening near the hot power tubes at the back.

Last edited:
INTERIOR SCENE, DAY:

La Szum:

JiveTurkey:

2 slices of fresh toast pop up behind JT from slots in the top of his Badlander. 2 freshly boiled eggs roll out on a metal track connected to an opening near the hot power tubes at the back.
BUT WHAT IF THAT TOAST WAS ACTUALLY THE SOUND OF CONVOLUTED TOAST REVERB?!?!?!?

Could I plug the Badlander into my Behringer DI WITHOUT PLUGGING IT INTO MY CABINET and take a line out from the Behringer back into my interface for a ToneX capture? The BL has a built in load. But I am wondering if plugging a speaker cable into the speaker out will disable the amp load detection and cause me trouble?

From the BL Manual:

hAURgDu.jpg

If you plug in the speaker cable, it disables the internal load.

These are on sale right now.... ;)

I prefer the Suhr reactive load myself. I'd constantly be wondering which voicing mode I'd prefer to use on the Fractal.

I almost bit on the Fractal, but found a deal I couldn't pass up on the Radial Headload.

From the BL Manual:

hAURgDu.jpg

If you plug in the speaker cable, it disables the internal load.
I'm bad with manuals :bag :rofl
These are on sale right now.... ;)

I prefer the Suhr reactive load myself. I'd constantly be wondering which voicing mode I'd prefer to use on the Fractal.
I've looked at the FAS loadboad a time or bazillion. It always comes down to "Hey the Badlander should already do this!" + "Hey this $299 deal of a pedal is now not so much of a deal once I had to shell out another $3-$500+ for a loadbox because the Badlander can't already do this!" :rofl

...as well as the fact that I only own one amp and setting up a capture company really doesn't seem like something I need to get into.

INTERIOR SCENE, DAY:

La Szum:

JiveTurkey:

2 slices of fresh toast pop up behind JT from slots in the top of his Badlander. 2 freshly boiled eggs roll out on a metal track connected to an opening near the hot power tubes at the back.

Haha! I love Toast. We just don't want JT toasting that sweet amp.

I'm bad with manuals :bag :rofl

I've looked at the FAS loadboad a time or bazillion. It always comes down to "Hey the Badlander should already do this!" + "Hey this $299 deal of a pedal is now not so much of a deal once I had to shell out another $3-$500+ for a loadbox because the Badlander can't already do this!" :rofl

...as well as the fact that I only own one amp and setting up a capture company really doesn't seem like something I need to get into.

Sucks you are back to the sending it to Mesa to get it sorted out scenario again. :hugitout

Plugging anything into the speaker output disables the load, so yes, fucky things would happen.

"Hey this $299 deal of a pedal is now not so much of a deal once I had to shell out another $3-$500+ for a loadbox because the Badlander can't already do this!" :rofl

Hits home, having circled the waters on a RL box this weekend. I landed on “I don’t need a capture of my Fireball enough to add the cost, when I can just turn on the Fireball” :rofl

Back