Source Audio Artifakt

laxu

Rock Star
Source Audio releases a new pedal:

Seems to be all kinds of wobbly noise fun. Not a pedal for me but I'm sure others will find creative uses for it.

I think it's pretty neat. Sure I have a lot of things that can do this already but different pedals make you write differently, and of course this has editor and I'm sure many user presets will be made for it etc.

I think it's pretty neat. Sure I have a lot of things that can do this already but different pedals make you write differently, and of course this has editor and I'm sure many user presets will be made for it etc.
Yeah I think having all of those type effects in one pedal gives it a lot of value and SA's editor software works generally well.

I just don't really need anything more than what a Strymon Deco V2 does so all those lo-fi sounds are not my thing.

I dig the idea of having some classic vinyl or radio effects at a footswitch, but I do struggle to see how I’d ever get my monies worth for something like this, if it even survived the gauntlet to begin with. So much of this is just getting the warble with some modulation, so I feel like I’m paying them to add a white noise generator in the background. :ROFLMAO:

I do like the general concept though.

A pedal that will remind you of what it was like plugging into your dad's hi-fi system back when you couldn't afford a real amplifier.
Just what the market needed.

facepalm_implied.jpg

Jokes aside, this is nice. 👌

Probably beats some of the booteek warblers out of the water with these heaps of features!

It can actually do quite a bit more then just "lo-fi" stuff. Quite a bit of nice modulations from choruses, vibratos, flangers, tremolos, filters, ring mods etc.. Really is a nice all in one modulation unit too.

Def not for me. I’d like an amp modeler from them with the new V3 software. Stereo in/outs and headphone jack. Prefer a FX loop too.

For my guitar, maybe once in a while but for the Microfreak might be the full time deal. I’m looking for a single pedal to be ‘the one’. Depends on the scope of reverb and delay options. Right now it’s an HX One but maybe this can give more than a single enhancement at a time.

I just got mine yesterday and it's great!

SOURCE AUDIO - ARTIFAKT 7-4-2024.jpg

A wonderful box of wonder. It may say "Lo-Fi Elements", but this thing can do way more than that. It's basically a modulation multi-effect device! Easy to navigate via the front panel with plenty of options without needing the editor. However using the editor will make it easier to see the layout and make / share / download presets from users all over the world, just like their other pedals. Neuro 3 is coming along nicely as well! This beauty also looks so much better in person than online pics!

I just got mine yesterday and it's great!

View attachment 25005

A wonderful box of wonder. It may say "Lo-Fi Elements", but this thing can do way more than that. It's basically a modulation multi-effect device! Easy to navigate via the front panel with plenty of options without needing the editor. However using the editor will make it easier to see the layout and make / share / download presets from users all over the world, just like their other pedals. Neuro 3 is coming along nicely as well! This beauty also looks so much better in person than online pics!

Is there a way to fix the timing of needle jumps and on vinyl mode or is it always random?

Is there a way to fix the timing of needle jumps and on vinyl mode or is it always random?

The vary knob gives you different variations and destruction knob gives more or less of the scratch / noise etc..

However their may be more options via editor once it goes live for artifakt in a few days!

This is from the manual:

"Drop the needle on yesteryear. This classic vinyl emulation wouldn’t be complete with scratches and surface noise. Use the BANDWIDTH toggle to go from “180-gram vinyl through a hi-fi receiver” to “old school Gramophone from your parents’ attic”. Add some distortion and randomness with the VARY knob to get a more damaged sound. MOD controls adjust the amount of warping and the RPMs. Tap the OPTION footswitch to be reminded of what it sounds like to walk too close to your turntable.

DESTRUCT: Adjusts the noise level of the scratch & surface noise. Turn right for deeper scratches and a dustier stylus.

VARY: Adjusts the amount of distortion and random quality of the modulated noise. Maybe your record is warped in a few different places and sat out in the sun too long, but you just can’t stop playing it.

FILTER: Adjusts the level of Treble in the signal. Noon on the dial is a flat treble response.

Bandwidth Switch: Limits the frequency response, altering the overall voicing of the effect. Right = full bandwidth (no limiting), Center = some high-cut & low-cut, Left =extreme high-cut & low-cut.

OPTION Footswitch: Tap to cause a skip in the vinyl player. Maybe you walked too close to your turntable, or maybe your clumsy guest bumped into the tonearm."

Back