Someone’s making videos again… NAMM 2023

Also;

Snl Trap GIF by Saturday Night Live

View attachment 6580

Meme Reaction GIF

Maybe this thing could be hacked to work with Helix, since it's already half way there :D
It's kind of funny that the QC UI is so clearly derivative of Helix's that people look at the QC Editor and think 'Helix Editor' when it looks only vaguely like the actual Helix software editor (to me anyway).

Looks like Neural was smart enough to only copy stuff that works well... Although it would be hilarious if it had sliders all over the place. LOL.

It's kind of funny that the QC UI is so clearly derivative of Helix's that people look at the QC Editor and think 'Helix Editor' when it looks only vaguely like the actual Helix software editor (to me anyway).

Looks like Neural was smart enough to only copy stuff that works well... Although it would be hilarious if it had sliders all over the place. LOL.
Yeah it literally is just the QC interface on your comp. Now if you can finagle Bluetooth and an iPad… that would be dope.

Yeah it literally is just the QC interface on your comp. Now if you can finagle Bluetooth and an iPad… that would be dope.

Yeah I think a tablet controller of any type (BT, USB) would be awesome, just to eliminate the need to tether to a computer at all. Of course the odd thing with the QC is given it’s onboard UI it needs all this the least of any device.

Yeah I think a tablet controller of any type (BT, USB) would be awesome, just to eliminate the need to tether to a computer at all. Of course the odd thing with the QC is given it’s onboard UI it needs all this the least of any device.
That's exactly what comes to mind for me. Sure, you could spend $300+ on an iPad, put it on a stand, and have a slightly compromised editing solution; or you could spend $150+ on a foot controller, put the QC on a stand, and have an unparalleled editing solution.

("But it was supposed to be the most powerful floorboard yadda..." It was obviously meant to be both a floorboard and a desktop solution, since it's got a touchscreen on it. NDSP just used that marketing blurb because the QC is nowhere near as powerful as an AxeFX III.)

I put a ton of work into putting an iPad editor together for my GR-55 way back when, but that was only because the GR-55's onboard UI was terrible.

That's exactly what comes to mind for me. Sure, you could spend $300+ on an iPad, put it on a stand, and have a slightly compromised editing solution; or you could spend $150+ on a foot controller, put the QC on a stand, and have an unparalleled editing solution.

("But it was supposed to be the most powerful floorboard yadda..." It was obviously meant to be both a floorboard and a desktop solution, since it's got a touchscreen on it. NDSP just used that marketing blurb because the QC is nowhere near as powerful as an AxeFX III.)

I put a ton of work into putting an iPad editor together for my GR-55 way back when, but that was only because the GR-55's onboard UI was terrible.

I agree. The only value I ever saw for the editor was for file management. (And TMW material for “Soon” missing features :ROFLMAO: )

Otherwise I never really saw how much value it adds. (Noting the YMMV nature of any of this) But for me:

• Recording/ Connected to PC. I had the QC on the desk with me. (Which is where it lived 95% of its life anyway)
  • Preset building not connected to a computer. (Direct to PS100/CAB) On said desk or a bench.
  • Jamming/Performing. Jamming I could see the value of a midi controller on the ground assuming you still wanted the QC at an editing height and needed to cycle through scenes doing a Free Bird rendition, but certainly there is no simpler solution for gig editing than the onboard Ui.

Sorry for the derail Jer.

Last edited:
Back