So my buddy had 4 weeks as the over/under. I still won.

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
"Tempted"

I bought a Headrush, some pedals, youtubin' all over the place
New Cables, a guitar, and a fancy gator case
I said to my reflection, "Let's try a change of pace"
Past the Launchpad, El Rey Theater and other joints where I'm billed
The forum posts, Sadites, memories of it still
Keep trying and trying, don't want to be a shill but..

Tempted by the fruit of another
Tempted but the truth is discovered
What's been going on
My Helix LT's gone
There's no other
Tempted but the truth is discovered.....

So yeah this just happened...I made it 5 weeks though!

y5tujhyhre.JPG

"Tempted"

I bought a Headrush, some pedals, youtubin' all over the place
New Cables, a guitar, and a fancy gator case
I said to my reflection, "Let's try a change of pace"
Past the Launchpad, El Rey Theater and other joints where I'm billed
The forum posts, Sadites, memories of it still
Keep trying and trying, don't want to be a shill but..

Tempted but the truth is discovered
What's been going on
My Helix LT's gone
There's no other
Tempted but the truth is discovered.....

So yeah this just happened...I made it 5 weeks though!

View attachment 4181
Hey I have to give you props. You just go with it and don't give a care what others think about the endless gear hunt!

So, you're basically saying your name didn't come up on the FM9 wait list yet?

;)

Before you do anything else:
  1. Install HX Edit.In fact, you can install it right now:
  2. Connect Helix LT to your computer via USB and launch HX Edit. The software should walk you through updating the firmware to 3.50.
  3. Once updated, perform a factory reset. While booting, hold down the middle two footswitches on the bottom row. The screen will read "Resetting Globals and UMDs/Favs & restoring stock Presets, Setlist, and IRs." This is the only way to ensure you get the latest factory presets, which use the new cabs, so they sound way better than earlier factory presets (but they stick suck, because All. Presets. Suck.©).

Before you do anything else:
  1. Install HX Edit.In fact, you can install it right now:
  2. Connect Helix LT to your computer via USB and launch HX Edit. The software should walk you through updating the firmware to 3.50.
  3. Once updated, perform a factory reset. While booting, hold down the middle two footswitches on the bottom row. The screen will read "Resetting Globals and UMDs/Favs & restoring stock Presets, Setlist, and IRs." This is the only way to ensure you get the latest factory presets, which use the new cabs, so they sound way better than earlier factory presets (but they stick suck, because All. Presets. Suck.©).
I actually like the factory presets in Helix Native. Maybe I’m just a psycho tho. Lol.

They have definitely improved. I would think cos they use the new cabs by default. I am enjoying the Vitriol lead preset right now actually.
Agreed about the Vitriol Lead.. The new Placater Dirty factory preset had me reexamine the way I was using that amp! The Moon Jump with a few personal tweaks was great too.

Where'd you land with the Headrush?

I think it's a great pedal for simplicity and quick rig building. The delays and reverbs left a lot to be desired but I was able to make them usable for me. Compared to Helix it was like a Hyundai Santa Fe vs. a Escalade. It will get you there ok but not much in style or options. With being able to do double scenes now on Headrush it really kicked it up a few notches from where it was especially for MX5. I think the Headrush gets an undeserved bad rap round these places. Wouldnt break my heart if it was all I could afford. I did some gigs with it and they went just fine mostly.

Back