Siracha sauce: Was it sent from angels?

Proper Level One sauce!

We ran out of Sriracha around here about six months ago. We were living off the tiny packages you get at the pho place.

During the pandemic bullshit I went on a pepper journey trying probably 30 different hot sauces. I’ve landed on Aardvark sauce; both habanero and smoked Carolina reaper versions.

Pro tip: if you order a case e.g. 12 bottles it’s half price.

Also I found out that these Chile farmers down in southern Colorado/New Mexico often make their own huge gallon jugs of the stuff. I found one that’s the perfect taco sauce for me. Inexpensive.

Man, I just don't do any one single Hot Sauce. There is too much out there that is
unique and lovable. Sambal is great. Gochujang, too. Sriracha is nice, but it is not
Habanero nice when I want that Habanero mixed with sweet fruit vibe. And Chipotle
has that smokiness you can't get with Sriracha.

Sometimes I don't want a vinegar based Hot Sauce either. Frank's, Buffalo Sauce,
Tabasco, and Sriracha are all heavy on the Vinegar.

I picked up a few pounds of Hatch Chiles and am eager to make a nice Salsa Verde
from them.

Man, I just don't do any one single Hot Sauce. There is too much out there that is
unique and lovable. Sambal is great. Gochujang, too. Sriracha is nice, but it is not
Habanero nice when I want that Habanero mixed with sweet fruit vibe. And Chipotle

Sometimes I don't want a vinegar based Hot Sauce either. Frank's, Buffalo Sauce,

I picked up a few pounds of Hatch Chiles and am eager to make a nice Salsa Verde
from them.
Brother from another mother … I didn’t even get into the Sambals… That’s from my childhood (via my Burmese uncle). He would fill the house with roasting chilies for condiments.

Sambal badjak, manis … yum!

That, sweet soy and rice is a meal.

Last edited:
Proper Level One sauce!

We ran out of Sriracha around here about six months ago. We were living off the tiny packages you get at the pho place.

During the pandemic bullshit I went on a pepper journey trying probably 30 different hot sauces. I’ve landed on Aardvark sauce; both habanero and smoked Carolina reaper versions.

Pro tip: if you order a case e.g. 12 bottles it’s half price.

Also I found out that these Chile farmers down in southern Colorado/New Mexico often make their own huge gallon jugs of the stuff. I found one that’s the perfect taco sauce for me. Inexpensive.

Duly noted!

from them.

I do love me some Habanero also. Serrano is a favorite too, there's a local restaurant here in the East Mountains of NM that does a Serrano sauce I could bathe in. I am just addicted to Siracha

Sriracha is really the only vinegar-based hot sauce I enjoy. I have to have a few drinks in me to eat anything with f*cking Frank’s on it.

I’m thinking of joining a hot sauce of the month club just to try a good variety. I LOVE heat but only if the flavor is good, I can’t stand stuff that’s hot for the sake of being hot.

One of my bro’s from childhood collects hot sauces, I generally get two reports from him when he gets one he’s excited about; how it is when he eats it and how much it burns when it’s coming out.

Sriracha is really the only vinegar-based hot sauce I enjoy. I have to have a few drinks in me to eat anything with f*cking Frank’s on it.

I’m thinking of joining a hot sauce of the month club just to try a good variety. I LOVE heat but only if the flavor is good, I can’t stand stuff that’s hot for the sake of being hot.

One of my bro’s from childhood collects hot sauces, I generally get two reports from him when he gets one he’s excited about; how it is when he eats it and how much it burns when it’s coming out.

I have a buddy like that but it's Mustard. He belongs to some Mustard of the Month club and he has to tell me all about each one. He's tried to get me to join since the 90's LOL. I like mustard but I don't get too crazy with it.

Tis the season. I grab a case every year to roast on my BBQ grill.
Nice! :beer

We only see them up here in Da North the first couple of weeks of September (and maybe late August).
I look forward to them every year. Have you had luck freezing them after roasting?

Brother from another mother … I didn’t even get into the Sambals… That’s from my childhood (via my Burmese uncle). He would fill the house with roasting chilies for condiments.

Sambal badjak, manis … yum!

That, sweet soy and rice is a meal.

Found a gallon. :chef

20220912_211409.jpg

May have gone a little overboard. :idk

I have a buddy like that but it's Mustard. He belongs to some Mustard of the Month club and he has to tell me all about each one. He's tried to get me to join since the 90's LOL. I like mustard but I don't get too crazy with it.

Damn, I didn’t know mustard had that many fans. I can only do dijon or honey mustard. I strongly believe yellow mustard was created as a punishment.

Found a gallon. :chef

View attachment 517

May have gone a little overboard. :idk

I didn’t realize this was the stuff you guys were talking about until I saw the bottle. It was sold in New England as Chili Garlic Sauce but Sambal Oelek down here. I had to take an 8 year break from this because one night I was sh*tfaced and I made some potato dish that had WAY too much of this in it, I still remember EXACTLY what this mixed with diet coke, vanilla vodka and stomach acid tastes like on the way back up.

I bought a small jar two years ago to test if I was ok to eat it again and I was good, but man, that first bite took me a good minute to actually eat.

I can't get enough of the stuff. To hell with Franks Red Hot, I put Siracha on EVERYTHING!
It’s really good, I love sambal to, probably my all time favorite.. but sambal is less of a sauce. Siracha is easier to use like some use ketchup. :D

Being in the PNW, cocktail sauce is made w ketchup, lemon juice and horseradish… super simple.

Lately I’ve been making my own spicy ketchup (Popular in some Asian-Indian cultures) with smoked Carolina reaper sauce just mixed in 1:5 with Heinz regular ketchup.

Amazing… Buzz creating. :clint

Back