"Shooting" shortened

Love it! Definitely meets the criteria of songs I’d listen to for enjoyment. Do you produce these all yourself?
Thanks SM. Yes I create at home. They're definitely demos and my usual process is:
- using Acid Pro as a DAW because it does the basics plus it runs Acidized loops with ease (which I add to my tracks here and there)
- I usually double guitar parts and pan left and right
- the verses and choruses of "Shooting" is at max 3 guitar parts. The FM9 in the verses and the Boss SY1000 in the chorus (a massive fuzz like tone that I do not recall how I got).
- I have a 30inch scale bass guitar because 34in is too big down around the 1st to 3rd fret area (beware of neck dive with a 30inch bass though!)
- I find vocalists on Soundbetter, Airgigs or Fiverr. I send them an mp3 they record their vox and send back the stems. Vocals are the star of the show. The vocalist on "Shooting" is Egyptian/American. Someone who can do middle eastern vocalisations and western rock. Bonus!

My music space is tiny. I don't mic anything up. It's all DI. I use Equator D5's for monitors and Sennheiser HD280 Pro for phones. But any decent monitors and headphones will do if you're making demos. Budget monitors are pretty good these days.

I mix down to stereo and run it through Izotope Ozone Elements. Simple stuff but fine for demos.

However! For that funky rock thing I posted a few weeks back I have sent the stems to a real mixing dude. I'm hoping he gets it sounding to broadcast standards and I can confidently send it out to publishers.

Sounds like a soundtrack song from a 1997 flick from a group I read about in Spin magazine. I dig it! Acoustic bridge is unexpected and a great addition to the whole vibe. Good work!

Thanks JT. That acoustic bridge is the SY1000. For demo purposes the acoustic sounds are acceptable.

The new GM800 would be cool for adding some spice when tracking.

Back