gearJunkie

Shredder
British Racing Green over Sunburst

Somebody talk me off the ledge, please.
DSC03019copy.jpg

DSC03021copy.jpg

“Move away from the edge “
Other considerations are;
What is its point of departure from the Fender?
Does it do anything better?
The speck is bog standard ( good but).
No compound radius or even much of a dress on the fret ends.
Solid saddles is a strange choice for vintage tone.
I don’t see the point in these.
Don’t get me wrong they are perfectly good guitars but in ten years you won’t be able to give them away.
Your wallet will thank me later 🤣

This also reminds me of that YT period when Friedman teles were all the rage ~ 2018, 2019. And surprise, surprise it was also BigHairyGuitars.

For what is worth one of the best guitars I've ever tried is my MIJ Fender strat. E series ~'89. Bought it for ~$350 in 2015. It's not even one of the more expensive models either. It's better than my Am Pro.

Honestly, the thing that drives me to this particular instrument is it's finish. I've read great things about Shabat guitars, but never played one or even seen one up close.

I can remedy any chance of falling off the wagon by focusing on @Eagle's suggestions. I'll keep a lookout for a great deal on a doner strat and take it to Kip Elder @ Starr Guitars here in Orlando. They specialize in nitro finishes and even do OEM work for Pensa. Im sure Kip can mimic the look of the Shabat pictured in the OP.

Last edited:
Honestly, the thing that drives me to this particular instrument is it's finish. I've read great things about Shabat guitars, but never played one or even seen one up close.

I can remedy any chance of falling of the wagon by focusing on @Eagle's suggestions. I'll keep a lookout for a great deal on a doner strat and take it to Kip Elder @ Starr Guitars here in Orlando. They specialize in nitro finishes and even do OEM work for Pensa. Im sure Kip can mimic the look of the Shabat pictured in the OP.

I think it looks cool, too, but I can't imagine throwing money around for it. To my (perhaps uninformed) eye, it looks like an intentionally amateurish spray job. Find a good Strat in sunburst (it's almost hard not to), bang it up a little, and hit it with a can of spray paint in your backyard. Take the rest of the money and buy an amp. :D

Back