Save Your Kemper (kinda)

texhex

Roadie
Use your Kemper to Profile your Tonex pedal Captures. :bag (yeah it's a looooong way to go, but I dislike that Tonex UI so much!)

I just Profiled two of my Tonex pedal Captures directly from the pedal and the Kemper Profile sounds identical to the Tonex Capture (and the Tonex Capture sounds so damn close to the real amp).

I recorded playing through both the pedal and the Kemper and played it back and can't tell where I'm switching between either. Honestly I got lost when switching between them too because they sound exactly the same.

WTF Kemper! How can you Profile a perfect copy of the Tonex pedal but when I Profile the actual amp that I created the Tonex Capture of the Profile is nowhere near as good. Digital to digital maybe?

Now I'm gonna go post this over in the Kemper forum. :sofa

Use your Kemper to Profile your Tonex pedal Captures. :bag (yeah it's a looooong way to go, but I dislike that Tonex UI so much!)

I just Profiled two of my Tonex pedal Captures directly from the pedal and the Kemper Profile sounds identical to the Tonex Capture (and the Tonex Capture sounds so damn close to the real amp).

I recorded playing through both the pedal and the Kemper and played it back and can't tell where I'm switching between either. Honestly I got lost when switching between them too because they sound exactly the same.

WTF Kemper! How can you Profile a perfect copy of the Tonex pedal but when I Profile the actual amp that I created the Tonex Capture of the Profile is nowhere near as good. Digital to digital maybe?

Now I'm gonna go post this over in the Kemper forum. :sofa
Love And Hip Hop Jesus GIF by VH1

For all of these amp copying devices I know it just comes down the the amp being Profiled/Captured and how well the device can do it. So far the Tonex is gobbling up all my amps without issue.

For kicks I just now Profiled the BE100 with a lower gain setting and it's dead bang on compared to the amp. God, it's so much faster to Profile and refine than it is to run the Tonex capture and then Advanced refine. And Rig Manager is so nice compared to Tonex UI (for me). I don't need a GIANT PICTURE of an amp!

Kemper HQ, you guys need to start innovating and quick!

I need to get some rest...

For all of these amp copying devices I know it just comes down the the amp being Profiled/Captured and how well the device can do it. So far the Tonex is gobbling up all my amps without issue.

For kicks I just now Profiled the BE100 with a lower gain setting and it's dead bang on compared to the amp. God, it's so much faster to Profile and refine than it is to run the Tonex capture and then Advanced refine. And Rig Manager is so nice compared to Tonex UI (for me). I don't need a GIANT PICTURE of an amp!

Kemper HQ, you guys need to start innovating and quick!

I need to get some rest...
Did you try a QC? How do they all compare? Sitting here running caps is like crack :guinessEven if my caps aren't that great :bag

Did you try a QC? How do they all compare? Sitting here running caps is like crack :guinessEven if my caps aren't that great :bag

Never tried a QC. Almost bought one a couple of times on TGP Emporium when there were hanging around $1600 but using a touch screen 100% of the time to edit... not happening.

Yep, did it again just to confirm. Helios would not Profile on the Kemper without introducing additional mids, overtones and gain. Profiled and refined 3 different times.

Plugged the amp in and Captured it in Tonex it was a "perfect" match. Copied that to the Tonex pedal and Profiled the pedal and it's a match.

A/B/C all three Amp/Kemper/Pedal back to back to back and the Kemper Profile sounds like the Amp/Pedal.

:idk

Genuinely... do you mean this??

Yep, did it again just to confirm. Helios would not Profile on the Kemper without introducing additional mids, overtones and gain. Profiled and refined 3 different times.

Plugged the amp in and Captured it in Tonex it was a "perfect" match. Copied that to the Tonex pedal and Profiled the pedal and it's a match.

A/B/C all three Amp/Kemper/Pedal back to back to back and the Kemper Profile sounds like the Amp/Pedal.

:idk
Have you updated to the latest version of Tone-X and device FW? I am having issues with levels when I go to compare the captures. SUPER quiet and just bad sound compared to the the real rig.

Ok, so, just as with loopback tests you may be running to check the quality of ADDA converters (re-record until there's a noticeable signal degration), it should now be time for some massive re-profiling tests.
How often could you do a Kemper->Tonex->Kemper->Tonex reprofiling until your Recto sounds like a Bandit? Or could it possibly make a Bandit sound like a Recto?
And what about "incest re-profiling"? Like profiling Kemper using another Kemper?
Most interesting questions certainly deserving an answer.

At the end of the day the thing that still impresses me is how damn good the AXE III BE100 BE V3 model is. Plus that one is tone matched to my amp. ;) Friggin FAS man... dude is so legit!

Anyway... I'm worn out now.

At the end of the day the thing that still impresses me is how damn good the AXE III BE100 BE V3 model is. Plus that one is tone matched to my amp. ;) Friggin FAS man... dude is so legit!

Anyway... I'm worn out now.

Yes, that's one of my favourite FAS models too, along with the Mark IV and 5150 Block Crunch.

Back