RIP CJ SNARE OF FIREHOUSE.

I saw them at Limelight NYC probably 1990 or so. I was 16 and was one of my future ex wife's and my first dates. We went with her sister who snuck her out. They opened with overnight sensation and man that first note, they really just don't make em like that anymore. Dudes came with something to prove and they sure proved it. Him, Jani Lane, both kind of cut from the same cloth and went way too young. Those perfect ballad voices and amazing songs.

Not sure how I many are into the 80s stuff here , but what a phenomenal vocalist , apprently he was on the mend after recent abdominal surgery but passed away Friday night 😢

Sad to hear that. Was just listening to some Hair Nation mix on youtube and Love of a Lifetime came on. He had some pipes.

Fantastic voice. This is my favourite FH tune.

Agreed my favourite album of theirs was the second one though the riffs from Leverty and the tone was just spectacular Your Too Bad
Reach for the Sky ,
Mama dudnt raise no fool
Such great memories and CJ was absolutely awesome
My high school years my favourite band at the time for sure

We saw them twice somewhat recently. Always really liked that band. What a shame

Fantastic voice. This is my favourite FH tune.

I bought the cassette of the 1st album twice because I played it to death. The vocals on this were next level. They really flirted with broadwayesque type harmonies in some of the material, specifically the ballads. Not that they were show tunes or anything, but they really flirted with some of the hallmarks that make a show tune such as complex harmonization, ensemble point/counterpoint and modulation.

Back